Chelsea vs. City - 21/02/16 - FA Cup 5th Round - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just about the CL, but also a CUP FINAL at the weekend against a local team that battered us at home earlier this season. Do you think you can play the same 13 (knackered) players THREE TIMES IN A WEEK, with a massive trip to Ukraine in the middle of it all?

Get real! City have looked off the pace for at least a month. Players are knackered and just trying to recover from one match to the next. As it is, the team that plays in Kiev will be expected to be recovered and fresh for Wembley.

English football is more intent on SELLING ITSELF AS A SPECTACLE than in promoting quality play from the best players in the world. I have a feeling Pelle is more interested in not losing in Kiev, and trying to grab a goal (and a win???) and then putting on a good performance at Wembley than in fighting to the death against a full strength, resurgent Chelski side at the Bridge. With a fully fit squad, there would be "normal rotation." With 13 fit first team regulars, it is all hands on deck to put out a team for the LEAST IMPORTANT GAME THIS WEEK.

Is a bit of a joke though really. We've won 4 things in 40 years and we're sacking of the FA Cup. Realistically the league is highly unlikely so we've got the League Cup Final after this and if we lose we end up with fuck all this season. I know the Champions League is king with our owners but even if we beat Kiev we all know we'll get destroyed by a good team after that. Pisses me off despite the injuries winning major trophies should always be a priority.

The reason we are playing a weak team is because the other three Trophies are hugely important.

Disgusting that some of our own fans can't see beyond their own daft blinkers.

Very excited for the EDS lads. Perhaps if Pellers gave them more of a shot earlier in the season, we'd know what we could expect.

Hope one or two of them force their way into the first team with a great showing!

2-1 City!!!!!!

If Kompany and Aguero played today and got injured, you'd be all over the manager like a rash. He literally can't win.

The manager hasn't picked that side, those above him have in effect.

Sheare is a bbc muppet, only money he can earn now. Shame as he was such a great manager :-) :-) :-)

I'm sure De Bruyne, Bony, Navas, Delph, Sagna, Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Kompany would all like to be not injured enough to play 3 games in a week.

How good would it be if in 12 months time these youngsters are all fully intregal to our first team squad. We may well be taking a glimpse of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.