Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

The fallout with the Trafford Red Rats continues.

I haven't said shit to any of them, but they can't let this news go. You've probably heard all the bitter corruption barbs so I won't tax you with any more that I've heard, but suffice to say I've shut a few up by saying to them 'I bet you wish you'd just left Sheikh Mansour alone to spend his money as he saw fit. Instead all your ffp shenanigans have sought to do is create a global sporting monster that is operating at a government level you can't possibly hope to compete with.'

I rounded off one reply text to a rag with this picture and said, the deal was already done so there was no need for Sheikh Mansour to get out of bed to attend this event, even if two of the four most powerful men in the world were there. He just sent Kun to say hello on his behalf! :-)

aguero-cameron.JPG

He doesn't need to know from me or you. He can ask his team manager. Anyway my thought was based on someone on here earlier who was wondering where next in terms of growth/stake in CFG. North America has Nycfc. Australia has Melbourne. There are partnership's in Europe & Africa. South America seemed a logical scenario. Stop being so condescending. Its not only about class. Its about basic media coverage which isn't about middle class disposable incomes...its about basic mobile phone & tv packages that a high percentage of a population have regardless...did you ever visit a favela in Rio? Some have no windows but phones & tv no problem. If something is made affordable to the masses they will buy it. ..why should lower classes be excluded from entertainment?

Mate, I'm not being condescending. I'm not saying I necessarily think it's a bad idea to start a club in South America. I'm saying our CEO has said it in his book. And I've outlined the reasons he gave why he thought it was a bad idea.

Feel free to read it if you don't believe me. It's called Goal; another way of winning by Ferran Sorriano, it's actually a really good book on management as well as football.

I'm not going to get in to a socio-economic debate with you about the risks and rewards of opening a business in South America. But what I will say is this; South America has a long established football culture. It is just as ingrained in the culture as it is in Europe, in some cases even more so.

If for example a new franchise team opened up tomorrow called Manchester Santos, how much support do you think it would generate? Or if the owners of Santos bought City and rebranded them as Manchester Santos, how happy do you think City fans would be to engage with that? What makes you think it would be any different if we did the same in South America?

The people care passionately about their clubs, it's part of their identity and culture, the same way City is to you and I. I think you're being a touch naive, and maybe even disrespectful to South Americans if you think they're going to ditch their traditional team to come and support a City franchise team because it's got a round badge and blue shirts.

I'm sure there are lots of opportunities to be had in South America, perhaps an academy or a link up with a club. But a new franchise team? Not for me. I agree with Ferran and the reasons he outlines in his book, if you want to call someone condescending, say it to him.

This isn't the the end, it is not even the beginning of the end.......
I only want to stay alive long enough to see those bitter red cunts choking on their own bile. See if they still sing their little dittys about biggest floodlights and scoff about our aspirations. Will they still make up nursery rhymes about us fucking off home when we live here anyway, surprisingly not all in Stockport at all. Most of them still can't see what's coming. Like a tsunami once the earthquake has passed they won't know how big it is until it's too late!

Can you feel the ground moving Blues - it's gonna be biblical.....
Hallelujah, brother!! Hallelujah!!

It has a huge impact on FFP as it will open a huge commercial market place. Hence why it has happened n

That's my last point: that ultimately the deal will have an impact on MCFC Ltd because it will increase our exposure and hencerevenue and profit. But the club's finances are such that the remants of FFP are having negligible impact already. I suppose one impact is that the capital raised by the right issue will be available for CFG, and presumably will make it a damn sight easier to "structure" deals where a player is paid huge image rights (or whatever) by other parts of CFG. But we haven't done this deal with FFP in mind. This is much, much bigger. FFP is finished already because of whatever back-room dealing we and others have been doing with UEFA.

When you're doing deals with the President of China Michel Platini can sit in the waiting room until you are good and ready to give him 5 minutes to bow and scrape.

Beats the fuck out of travelling to Plymouth in the back of a Transit with a beer and a banana hoping we'd get to the next round of the cup and a home tie against a big team like Ipswich!!!!!!

I need to look after my health, I want to be around for another 30odd years to enjoy the good times.....
You`re not the only one! I´m going to have to start on the monkey glands!!

The fallout with the Trafford Red Rats continues.

I haven't said shit to any of them, but they can't let this news go. You've probably heard all the bitter corruption barbs so I won't tax you with any more that I've heard, but suffice to say I've shut a few up by saying to them 'I bet you wish you'd just left Sheikh Mansour alone to spend his money as he saw fit. Instead all your ffp shenanigans have sought to do is create a global sporting monster that is operating at a government level you can't possibly hope to compete with.'

I rounded off one reply text to a rag with this picture and said, the deal was already done so there was no need for Sheikh Mansour to get out of bed to attend this event, even if two of the four most powerful men in the world were there. He just sent Kun to say hello on his behalf! :-)

aguero-cameron.JPG

Mate, you've got that all wrong. The Chinese President went along to City by mistake, and what he really wanted was a tour of Old Toilet. Said so on the BBC!

Was in China 2 weeks ago for the first time. You can only appreciate the sheer size and potential there when you see it for yourself. Shanghai makes London look small and there are many so called 'mega Cities' all over the country. In addition to Shanghai I went to Shenzhen; another +10m population city. So much potential.

Was in China 2 weeks ago for the first time. You can only appreciate the sheer size and potential there when you see it for yourself. Shanghai makes London look small and there are many so called 'mega Cities' all over the country. In addition to Shanghai I went to Shenzhen; another +10m population city. So much potential.
Wall-2-wall red shirts?

Mate, I'm not being condescending. I'm not saying I necessarily think it's a bad idea to start a club in South America. I'm saying our CEO has said it in his book. And I've outlined the reasons he gave why he thought it was a bad idea.

Feel free to read it if you don't believe me. It's called Goal; another way of winning by Ferran Sorriano, it's actually a really good book on management as well as football.

I'm not going to get in to a socio-economic debate with you about the risks and rewards of opening a business in South America. But what I will say is this; South America has a long established football culture. It is just as ingrained in the culture as it is in Europe, in some cases even more so.

If for example a new franchise team opened up tomorrow called Manchester Santos, how much support do you think it would generate? Or if the owners of Santos bought City and rebranded them as Manchester Santos, how happy do you think City fans would be to engage with that? What makes you think it would be any different if we did the same in South America?

The people care passionately about their clubs, it's part of their identity and culture, the same way City is to you and I. I think you're being a touch naive, and maybe even disrespectful to South Americans if you think they're going to ditch their traditional team to come and support a City franchise team because it's got a round badge and blue shirts.

I'm sure there are lots of opportunities to be had in South America, perhaps an academy or a link up with a club. But a new franchise team? Not for me. I agree with Ferran and the reasons he outlines in his book, if you want to call someone condescending, say it to him.

You got the wrong end of the stick bud. I never mentioned a city club in south America. That would probably only work if they bought a lower league club begging for investment. I was talking about a similar deal to the Chinese. Media and capital for shares & territorial rights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.