Christian Bale - stealth comic thread

Bigga and Blue Knight are nerds! :)

But you're both kinda right. Batman spent a long time training and seeking answers remember, his discipline and single mindedness are traits he shares with the joker.

Knight is right in so much that Batman is a much deeper character than the joker, if only by virtue of having been subject to much more characterisation over the years whilst Bigga is right in so much that Batman and the Joker are essentially 2 sides of the same coin.

TheMightyQuinn said:

But you're both kinda right. Batman spent a long time training and seeking answers remember, his discipline and single mindedness are traits he shares with the joker.

Knight is right in so much that Batman is a much deeper character than the joker, if only by virtue of having been subject to much more characterisation over the years whilst Bigga is right in so much that Batman and the Joker are essentially 2 sides of the same coin.

So why don't you just say I'm right, then?

Bigga said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

You're both right, but I'm even righter cos I spotted this fact.

Firstly, trouble reading?

Bigga said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Bigga is right in so much that Batman and the Joker are essentially 2 sides of the same coin.

Secondly apologies cos i didn't make myself very clear, what i was contesting was the statement:

The Joker outshines Bats even in the comics/ graphic novels.

I simply feel you dismissed bats and his character all to easily with this statement. I have a stack of batman comics where the Joker has minor roles and occasionally the character is portrayed as a pathetic down and out, who briefly hinders batman whilst he is on the trail to bigger things.

In early editions the Joker was a simple menace and not the raging psychopath he has become in recent years.

The Blue Knight said:

Bigga said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Bigga is right in so much that Batman and the Joker are essentially 2 sides of the same coin.

Secondly apologies cos i didn't make myself very clear, what i was contesting was the statement:

I simply feel you dismissed bats and his character all to easily with this statement. I have a stack of batman comics where the Joker has minor roles and occasionally the character is portrayed as a pathetic down and out, who briefly hinders batman whilst he is on the trail to bigger things.

In early editions the Joker was a simple menace and not the raging psychopath he has become in recent years.

He's right Bigga.

TheMightyQuinn said:
The Blue Knight said:

Bigga said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

He's right Bigga.

*big yawn*

Try READING what I posted. If you DID, you would note that I mentioned Burton and Nolan's Bats is the re-booted version via Frank Miller's eyes. That is "The Dark Knight Returns", "Batman: Year One", etc. MUCH more interesting angle in his psychological profiling than the Batman, in tights simply running after the 'clown'.
In re-booting Joker too, we have a genuine nemesis, who's chaotic world is hard for Bats to understand. Yet, the ongoing humour is to study Bruce/ Bats' case of schizophrenia ("2. a state characterised by the coexistence of contradictory or incompatible elements.) and his depressive state that allows him NOT to bond with the people close to him.

This is more than 'comics' er, Blue Knight, it's a character study. Joker wears his chaos on the outside free of the 'fight', where Wayne internalises his and battles it forever.

Bigga said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
The Blue Knight said:

Bigga said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

He's right Bigga.

*big yawn*

Try READING what I posted. If you DID, you would note that I mentioned Burton and Nolan's Bats is the re-booted version via Frank Miller's eyes. That is "The Dark Knight Returns", "Batman: Year One", etc. MUCH more interesting angle in his psychological profiling than the Batman, in tights simply running after the 'clown'.
In re-booting Joker too, we have a genuine nemesis, who's chaotic world is hard for Bats to understand. Yet, the ongoing humour is to study Bruce/ Bats' case of schizophrenia ("2. a state characterised by the coexistence of contradictory or incompatible elements.) and his depressive state that allows him NOT to bond with the people close to him.

This is more than 'comics' er, Blue Knight, it's a character study. Joker wears his chaos on the outside free of the 'fight', where Wayne internalises his and battles it forever.

You make some good points Big man but I'm not convinced, we're all talking at cross purposes it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.