City and West Ham relationship..........

Real Winter said:
There is no special relationship. We were simply similar sized in fan base and used to being yoyo clubs. Then we had the grace of our beneficent muslim investors and they got some bald Icelandic charlatan.
When you say there's no 'special relationship', I can only hope you're correct. If it bears any resemblance to the relationship which spawned that particular description then in a few years City fans will be lording it over supporters of clubs like West Ham. People talk about our fan base changing, but something like that would mark a point of no return for the tone of our support. I hope that day never comes.

Never forget where we came from.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Real Winter said:
There is no special relationship. We were simply similar sized in fan base and used to being yoyo clubs. Then we had the grace of our beneficent muslim investors and they got some bald Icelandic charlatan.
When you say there's no 'special relationship', I can only hope you're correct. If it bears any resemblance to the relationship which spawned that particular description then in a few years City fans will be lording it over supporters of clubs like West Ham. People talk about our fan base changing, but something like that would mark a point of no return for the tone of our support. I hope that day never comes.

Never forget where we came from.

Amen.

FanchesterCity said:
I like West Ham. Always have. My very first football shirt (second hand bought on Newton Heath Market or possibly Grey Mare Lane market) was a West Ham shirt (mother was clueless).

Similar paths to City in many respects, and although you can never really classify an entire fanbase, as a whole they seem well grounded.

I'd struggle to define it as a 'special relationship', but I think if you sat a City fan and a West Ham together, they'd share an awful lot of similar stories and see a little of themselves in each other.

If you look on their boards too, the vast majority have them have a really decent attitude towards us, and actually discuss topics well.

They get my vote.

Pretty much echo's my thoughts and experiences, I'm certain they have their share of tossers, and I've probably just been lucky, but I've yet to meet one on my travels who wasn't anything but a decent and loyal supporter who you could always sit down with, have a beer, have a chat and a laugh with, and there be no animosity or snide cracks, proper good sorts.

Got a lot of love for West Ham

When Kendall sold Bish to them I went down for his first game

Got chatting to a Hammer on the train who invited me to join him and his mates for a booze

Was a top crack and was made to feel very welcome

All great lads

I remember getting into a scrap with them at Upton Park after winning . All the windows smashed on the coach leaving the ground.There was a little lad ,no more than 8 years old covered in blood and glass.

So its Nil point from this jury.

Was there in 87 and they lined the streets to the tube shaking every blues hand and this was a time when they wanted to batter anyone.

Every time I meet a hammer abroad always get on talking proper football.

chaddblue said:
Went to Piccadilly Station that day to get the Special to West Ham but it was full and there were loads of blues milling about wondering how to get to London

Got offered a place in a mini bus some lads had hired from Hertz across the road but they looked like the type who would have been arranging to meet up with the ICF the minute they landed in that there London, so being a young 'wet behind the ears' kid I chickened out and spent all my money on records instead

A mate who did make it described the scenes exactly as the website tells it

It was me who drove the minibus! Took my driving licence just in case it was full. How I found the ground without a sat nav I don't know!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.