City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Agree. I would not use it if it sat around for 45minutes, but this is always going to be the problem as different people have different criteria. We leave at final whistle, stroll back to Connell college and typically wait 5-10mins before it sets off. But we’re ESL1, probs the shortest walk.
Same here. We’re ESL2 but were easily back to bus in 10 minutes - & never leave before the end :-)

like you - we’d rather drive & pay for car parks than wait 45 minutes to depart.

This is the problem though isn’t it - if you’re gonna make the services open to as many as possible that means wherever they sit in the ground, not needing to leave before the end. the supporters club i used to get back to midd from vermillion, I was pretty much one of the last back to it, and that was me walking at full pelt, out bang on the whistle , against the tide of folk coming towards you from the north end.

And if the bus which is full after 20mins is that popular maybe it needs a second bus.

I'd never make it to the buses from SS3 if I was still in Oldham.

I've considered coming with the local SC but their coaches are driving down Alan T Way near the gas holder when I'm just crossing near the Squash centre so that's not happening either....don't want 2 coaches and a minibus grumbling waiting for me. As it is I usually pass them around Preston soI still beat them home.

Used it for second time today. Worked great again and was busy so hopefully lasts after the trial. Left 20Mins after full time whistle by my watch (again) but it was pretty much full at that point

Reactions: CC1
So yesterday I decided not to use the match day bus and go via bee network and tram, never again! Getting there is not a problem the return a fucking nightmare. Left at final whistle, first tram ba k to Ashton full, next one was another 15 mins and yes it fucking pissed down before it arrived. So get back to Ashton at 6pm my bus home on the board on time at 1805, fantastic, 1805 arrives and it just disappears no bus turns up! Next bus 1830, turns up and some fucking scrote decides to jump on and not pay, queue security coming on the bus and it takes 10 mins to get the **** off! Eventually get back to Royton at 1920, so 2 1/2 hours after the whistle to go effectively 7 miles from the stadium to my house!
The tram situation is a joke after the match they are doubles but still they should be more frequent even if it’s just for that hour after the game. The buses just seem to make it up as they go along, there’s zero communication when they magically disappear.
So it’s match day bus for me from now on or I ain’t going.

So yesterday I decided not to use the match day bus and go via bee network and tram, never again! Getting there is not a problem the return a fucking nightmare. Left at final whistle, first tram ba k to Ashton full, next one was another 15 mins and yes it fucking pissed down before it arrived. So get back to Ashton at 6pm my bus home on the board on time at 1805, fantastic, 1805 arrives and it just disappears no bus turns up! Next bus 1830, turns up and some fucking scrote decides to jump on and not pay, queue security coming on the bus and it takes 10 mins to get the **** off! Eventually get back to Royton at 1920, so 2 1/2 hours after the whistle to go effectively 7 miles from the stadium to my house!
The tram situation is a joke after the match they are doubles but still they should be more frequent even if it’s just for that hour after the game. The buses just seem to make it up as they go along, there’s zero communication when they magically disappear.
So it’s match day bus for me from now on or I ain’t going.
Was on the same tram back to Ashton as you,missed the first one by a whisker,then stood in the pouring rain while at least 4 trams going back to Piccadilly rattle by!
Agree,it’s very poor service all round. Trams back to Ashton can be be very hit and miss,been stood there 25 minutes at times waiting for one, not helped by the LED info boards being updated by an imbecile. God knows how bad it will when the Co-op Arena gets going.
Ill definitely be doing the match day bus for Wolves.

Macclesfield bus only 5 minutes late picking up from Tytherington. At the ground just after 2.
Left the ground about 25 minutes after final whistle. In my house for 6.30

Service now working well & bus being used by more fans each week.

Macclesfield bus only 5 minutes late picking up from TytheringtoN. At the ground just after 2.
Left the ground about 25 minutes after final whistle. In my house for 6.30

Service now working well & bus being used by more fans each week.
I’m from Macclesfield and will be definitely using it for Wolves on May 4th.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.