City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Why is there no Burnage-Levenshulme-Gorton route? There’s loads of City fans in those areas. The bus would be packed. I don’t get it.
No stops in Bandit Country - Stretford/Old Trafford/Chorlton/Whalley Range/Firswood - either. Being a shuttle it's better if you're a bit further out. Withington, Didsbury, Blackley and Abraham Moss seem to be the only inner areas served. Shame as it looks like a good service and wouldn't have minded jumping on one yesterday. Hopefully they'll ease pressure on the trams at least. We'll need that when Co-op Live opens.

I see there's a bus to and from Altrincham, how long does it take to get back there on the Bus? I travel with six others in one car from the south coast and we have pondered the use of the bus and leaving the car at Altrincham because it's then easy to get out on to the M6.
What are the chances of a bus being put on to do directly to Altrincham (express if you like?), to encourage other car user's to park up there and us the bus in and out? I could mean twenty or thirty cars less, just an idea that's all

The Bury/Radcliffe bus went past us on Saturday and it looked almost empty (about ten people on it). Reckon that one might get dropped. If the bus connection you need to get to the pickup point was included (£4 or £5 extra) then that would be better but otherwise I am looking at £12 each or £8 with a 2 mile walk each way and a rush back to the bus after the whistle. Might as well just get a £5 day pass on the bus and walk from and back into town at leisure.

On Saturday I didn't use the Matchday Bus 2 (Gee Cross and Hyde) to get to the game as I got the train instead.
I did use the bus for the return journey and there were only five passengers on board.
Unless the bus is being heavily subsidised it must be losing a lot of money.

Last edited:
I see there's a bus to and from Altrincham, how long does it take to get back there on the Bus? I travel with six others in one car from the south coast and we have pondered the use of the bus and leaving the car at Altrincham because it's then easy to get out on to the M6.
What are the chances of a bus being put on to do directly to Altrincham (express if you like?), to encourage other car user's to park up there and us the bus in and out? I could mean twenty or thirty cars less, just an idea that's all
Always in awe of fans who do this on a regular basis, from so far. Next time I am in the car waiting 1.5/2 hours to get to Sandbach, I'll mention you to my kids.

Macclesfield bus only 5 minutes late picking up from Tytherington. At the ground just after 2.
Left the ground about 25 minutes after final whistle. In my house for 6.30

Service now working well & bus being used by more fans each week
Got the train in and the bus back in Saturday, best of both worlds but is getting noticeably busier. Can see a time it will only be able to accommodate return tickets only.

Not decided what to do Wednesday yet. Maybe same again

Do what I do a lot of the games. Drive to Altrincham then get the tram to Cornbrook. Then get on the Etihad tram from there. Don't make the mistake of going to town, you won't get anywhere near a tram.

Works for me from Macc, gets there a bit early but bettter than a bit late.

Reactions: CC1
Seriously pissed off Bus 13 Shaw one never turned up, managed to get a lift with some lads at 630pm, it’s a bit of a joke now, on the plus side as the game went to penalties I’d have never made the bus home it took 20 mins just to get out the ground, it should’ve been long gone but I had a lift back. Seriously thinking if binning night matches niw it’s too much hassle.

Left after pens. Legged it to my car. Home in less than 20 minutes to Burnage. I doubt any bus would beat that. Car for me midweek.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.