City are in trouble, according to this fountain of knowledge..

Sorry mate, I can't see it in there. You wouldn't quote it would you?

"Arsenal’s turnover is below Manchester City’s not because of the stadium prices, player trading, or selling matchday scarves, but because of the sponsorship fees paid to Manchester City by the airline"

Posted

I would look closer to home for any knock-on effect from Middle East trouble - the underlying financial resources in Abu Dhabi come from oil/gas, unlike Dubai (home of Emirates) where oil/gas is something like 5% of GDP. The main income for Dubai is property/construction, that well-known bubble economic resource, followed by trade.
But if the Middle East implodes, who is going to buy that property, trade goods in and out of Jebel Ali port and Dubai Airport?
Surely the pressure will be on Emirates Airline rather than Etihad, backed by gazillions of dollars derived from oil.
Look forward to playing at the RyanAir stadium .... oh wait, Michael O'Leary is a City fan.
Jet2 it is then.
Could be worse, could be BA.

Posted

I would look closer to home for any knock-on effect from Middle East trouble - the underlying financial resources in Abu Dhabi come from oil/gas, unlike Dubai (home of Emirates) where oil/gas is something like 5% of GDP. The main income for Dubai is property/construction, that well-known bubble economic resource, followed by trade.
But if the Middle East implodes, who is going to buy that property, trade goods in and out of Jebel Ali port and Dubai Airport?
Surely the pressure will be on Emirates Airline rather than Etihad, backed by gazillions of dollars derived from oil.
Look forward to playing at the RyanAir stadium .... oh wait, Michael O'Leary is a City fan.
Jet2 it is then.

Or the easyjet stadium, oh wait Luton has that one

"Arsenal’s turnover is below Manchester City’s not because of the stadium prices, player trading, or selling matchday scarves, but because of the sponsorship fees paid to Manchester City by the airline"
Cheers Rolee. I saw that but what I didn't see was any breakdown between the part of our commercial income that comes from etihad (less than a quarter I think) and the part that doesn't. I still think he hasn't understood that etihad represents less than 10% of our total income. Or if he does, when he says in that article that "Etihad bankrolls City" it is just a blatant lie. Personally I think he is ignorant rather than dishonest.

Posted

Jet2 it is then.

don't diss Jet2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.