City Arrogant - Paul Scholes

bzekosilva

Paul Scholes has branded Manchester City "arrogant" ahead of Sunday's derby at the Etihad.

Manuel Pellegrini's men have lost their last two against West Ham and Newcastle, with their Champions League hopes hanging by a thread.

And going in to this weekend's showdown, Scholes believes City show little respect to the opposition.

"After a week which has brought defeats to West Ham and Newcastle there is something about them – you might even call it a touch of arrogance – that they do not have to take their opposition into consideration," the United icon wrote in the Independent.

"I realise that it is a point I have made before, but I don’t think the central midfield is right, and that they are getting the best out of Yaya Touré. He still looks laboured to me, you might even say he looks a bit bored. He has the ability to step it up when he wants to, and that could be the case on Sunday."

The clash at the Etihad is Louis van Gaal's first derby, with his big-money summer signings also tasting the fierce rivalry for the first time.

And Scholes believes players like Angel Di Maria can write their names into United folklore in the heavyweight fixture.

He added: "These are the kind of games that get remembered for a long time by supporters, on either side of the city’s divide. For players like Shaw, Falcao and Di Maria, it is their first taste of playing against their local rivals. From my experience, it is not a game you want to lose."

Scholes also admitted he expects Van Gaal to bring back captain Wayne Rooney, in place of Juan Mata.

The England man has sat out United's last three games through suspension but boasts the record for the most goals in the derby.

bzekosilva said:
Paul Scholes has branded Manchester City "arrogant" ahead of Sunday's derby at the Etihad.

Manuel Pellegrini's men have lost their last two against West Ham and Newcastle, with their Champions League hopes hanging by a thread.

And going in to this weekend's showdown, Scholes believes City show little respect to the opposition.

"After a week which has brought defeats to West Ham and Newcastle there is something about them – you might even call it a touch of arrogance – that they do not have to take their opposition into consideration," the United icon wrote in the Independent.

"I realise that it is a point I have made before, but I don’t think the central midfield is right, and that they are getting the best out of Yaya Touré. He still looks laboured to me, you might even say he looks a bit bored. He has the ability to step it up when he wants to, and that could be the case on Sunday."

The clash at the Etihad is Louis van Gaal's first derby, with his big-money summer signings also tasting the fierce rivalry for the first time.

And Scholes believes players like Angel Di Maria can write their names into United folklore in the heavyweight fixture.

He added: "These are the kind of games that get remembered for a long time by supporters, on either side of the city’s divide. For players like Shaw, Falcao and Di Maria, it is their first taste of playing against their local rivals. From my experience, it is not a game you want to lose."

Scholes also admitted he expects Van Gaal to bring back captain Wayne Rooney, in place of Juan Mata.

The England man has sat out United's last three games through suspension but boasts the record for the most goals in the derby.

Fuck me, a United player talking about arrogance !

Surely must be time for Dwight and Macari to comment?

I`ve seen the word "arrogant" used on here by our own supporters and to some extent he may well be right.Perhaps we feel we only have to turn up for certain games and we`ll take it as read,that we`ll win.Hopefully this last week might make some of our players think otherwise.
Maybe The Ginger One has given the players something to think about for the weekend.
Now go get the fuckers City.

I have to admit, I never read the rag of a paper that that rag writes for, but does he only write about us and United? He seems to be like a professional abuser, paid to write shit about us.

oakiecokie said:
I`ve seen the word "arrogant" used on here by our own supporters and to some extent he may well be right.Perhaps we feel we only have to turn up for certain games and we`ll take it as read,that we`ll win.Hopefully this last week might make some of our players think otherwise.
Maybe The Ginger One has given the players something to think about for the weekend.
Now go get the fuckers City.
That **** has got no fucking right to use that word in association with our club. It is the arrogance of his club, and the manager that he played under, that is the reason they sit several places below us in the league and aren't in the Champions League, in spite of spending £200 million since Ferguson left.

This is the epitome of arrogance:

Ferguson-fans.jpg

Paul Scholes speaking about arrogance? The man who retired from International duty and fobbed his country off because he was overlooked or played in different positions? Give over. He's full of shite. How are we arrogant? We played a very strong side against Newcastle's reserves and lost. That showed them respect and showed respect to the competition. We lost because we played poorly not because we are arrogant!

As for the Moscow and West Ham games, we needed to show more confidence and determination to win the games. You have to believe in your ability and tactics. Some would call that arrogance and others would call it self-confidence or belief. This city side haven't shown enough arrogance for me.

I hope the ginger pig, Chuckle et al keep up the baiting.

VK will use it in his captains team talk and we'll rip them a new one.

The rags have been guilty of the same thing this season, why doesnt he mention that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.