City Arrogant - Paul Scholes

Oh dear, Paul Scholes......a red.....calling someone arrogant. You couldn't make it up. Just more bitterness from the institution of myth-makers. Don't remember him saying much when he went game after game for England without scoring. Grossly over-rated on and off the field........and by himself

Sorry if it offends, but I'm going to go against the grain here....

I think he is right.

Far to often this past twelve months City have played teams in the lower half of the table, just believing they only have to turn up, but the other teams have out fought them, out chased them, and generally wanted it more than us. Just look at the stick Yaya has had on this very forum.

Take your anti-United hat off, and read what he said properly.

Also, regarding Scholes, he has given the rags loads and loads of stick in the last twelve months.

It is going to be a very interesting Sunday, one that will define our season, it certainly will NOT be an easy game that's for sure.

And please no replies along the line of Ginger red twat, that's just infantile school playground stuff.........

Reasoned debate only please...

:)

cbj (First game v Blackpool 1961)

ColinBellsjockstrap said:

I think he is right.

Far to often this past twelve months City have played teams in the lower half of the table, just believing they only have to turn up, but the other teams have out fought them, out chased them, and generally wanted it more than us. Just look at the stick Yaya has had on this very forum.

Also, regarding Scholes, he has given the rags loads and loads of stick in the last twelve months.

It is going to be a very interesting Sunday, one that will define our season, it certainly will NOT be an easy game that's for sure.

And please no replies along the line of Ginger red twat, that's just infantile school playground stuff.........

It's the run-up to the Derby, CBJ, a time for vituperative rather than reasoned debate.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
It's the run-up to the Derby, CBJ, a time for vituperative rather than reasoned debate.

Well I don't know what vituperative means, but I'm sure you're right. (I've a good idea though)......lol!

ColinBellsjockstrap said:

I think he is right.

I don't agree with your quote that the players "just have to turn up", it feels like a footballism, like "at the end of the day". They are professionals and the system at City should/will weed out the slackers. If not, the issue is with management not individuals.

When City play with confidence, patience and measure, they usually win, because we have the individuals to carry out the plan. It can look like we take each game in the same way, and as a result maybe a little arrogant when a couple of results go against us.

The big question is, do we look to play a different way if results continue to go against us, or bear with the gameplan until our individuals find form again*.

EDIT: * Which they will.

If i am honest i think he has a point regarding midfield.
The arrogance bit is opinion only and i take that with a pinch of salt.
I think we just need to adapt, an arrogant team does not play David Silva in such a cup match. In fact that is showing extreme respect for the opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.