City ask for hearing with PGMOL over 9 tackles

PGMOL do not give a shit about us. Refs need to take a tougher stance on tackles like the ones on Razza by Kane, on KDB by Ali etc etc. They should be able to review them and for possible red card retrospective punishment.
One of our lot is going to suffer a career ending assault before long.
I have no faith in "Alti fan" protecting us on Monday.

It is time Mike Riley got his act together, and demoted any ref that failed to send off a player for a dangerous tackle. However if Mike Riely did that there would be no one to do any Premier league match, as most of them are guilty of failing to send the player off, when it is so clear that the player should have been sent off and only gets a yellow card instead of a red one.
Fred_Quimby a bit of information for you Collina is head of the European refs association, and has as such, issued a notice to all refs that they should issue the proper card for any dangerous tackles that could result in a player being seriously injured.

Wasn’t that to UEFA refs?
He issued this regarding European club matches, i.e. CL and Europa leave which are run by UEFA, this would probably extend to Euro international games, but not World Cup or friendlies which are run by FIFA.

I don’t think that Collina’s jurisdiction extends to PGMOL refs who referee in all English domestic games, however, there is some line of communication, advice and reporting on ‘technical issues’.

The level of protection that players get in CL/ Europa league games is not in question, Collina has simply reinforced a statement already made in 2011. It’s Mike Riley, PGMOL, the FA and the EFL that should be supporting Collina’s message and agreeing that PGMOL refs do the same in our domestic game.

He issued this regarding European club matches, i.e. CL and Europa leave which are run by UEFA, this would probably extend to Euro international games, but not World Cup or friendlies which are run by FIFA.

I don’t think that Collina’s jurisdiction extends to PGMOL refs who referee in all English domestic games, however, there is some line of communication, advice and reporting on ‘technical issues’.

The level of protection that players get in CL/ Europa league games is not in question, Collina has simply reinforced a statement already made in 2011. It’s Mike Riley, PGMOL, the FA and the EFL that should be supporting Collina’s message and agreeing that PGMOL refs do the same in our domestic game.

Good post. Just to add that if Collina’s Communication can’t influence PGMOL directly, maybe the knowledge the the World’s best referee of the last 30 years apparently thinks reffing in the Prem is week might help. Hopefully our refs will pull up their socks.

Good post. Just to add that if Collina’s Communication can’t influence PGMOL directly, maybe the knowledge the the World’s best referee of the last 30 years apparently thinks reffing in the Prem is week might help. Hopefully our refs will pull up their socks.

Exactly. Although PL is not under Collina’s control he’s basically said we’re not having any of that behaviour on games on his watch and others should take note.

Exactly. Although PL is not under Collina’s control he’s basically said we’re not having any of that behaviour on games on his watch and others should take note.

yeah...just wait

3D7F2C6F00000578-0-image-a-10_1487719481061.jpg

In the days when refs and linos were paid only expenses and a very modest retainer (late 80s pre-Prem) I worked with a junior administrator - albeit that he was a First Division lino and lower league ref as well. Told me all about the assessor in the stand and said they were pretty ruthless - post-match running through a video of the game and highlighting the bad decisions face-to-face. Refs and linos knew they had to put in a decent performance to avoid the assessor's wrath. However, someone on here told me that assessment of refs and linos is no longer undertaken on a post-match one-to-one basis. My mate ran the line in at least one of the 1987 Everton V Sheff Weds Cup replays. Lester Shapter was the ref.

Lester Shapter was known as a hard ref. With my mate on the line, freezing cold night, a player smashed the ball into Mr Shapter's bollocks. He lay on the ground receiving attention - in his head my mate shouting "Stay down you bastard, stay down" (he would have taken over as ref). Mr Shapter got up, carried on and five minutes later gets pile driver of a shot in the face. Goes down again and my mate is desperately hoping he can't carry on. He gets up, carries on and finishes the match.

My mate said he had banter with the players. Told me that Adrian Heath was giving him some abuse 'Shite decision lino !!!!!!!!!!". My mate fired back, flag in hand "You're having a crap game yourself Adrian !!!!!!".

My mate did say refs and linos had to declare the club they support, and a Manchester based ref/lino could not ref a Manchester game. I'm sure Manchester based officials would have had to officiate in Merseyside, Yorkshire, Derby and the even the Midlands. However, he ran the line in a Manure/AC Milan friendly at the Old Toilet - Ruud Gullit and all - gave Manure a lesson. How come that these days we can have Manure fans reffing our games ? I suppose they declare Altrincham as the team they support.

The refs and linos used to have their own team. Not sure if they still do.

Football is my mate's second sport. His first love is Rugby League. He's a loud character and isn't averse to verbally abusing Rugby League officials at Salford........

Last edited:

If a referee was removed from either the UEFA or FIFA panel for not doing his job properly in the domestic leagues and therefore not up to the required standard to officiate at the higher level then the aspiring refs will soon toe the Collina line and adhere to his instructions. It would be great if Mr Blobby or Pawson were removed from the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.