City at forefront of trying to end even split of £3bn foreign TV rights.

Totally agree. Match day income is no longer a major point. It would make better sense to lower prices and get bums on seats (rather than sell outs with a few thousand not attending)

I would of course prefer to see lower prices too but the problem is though, if people aren't attending after paying high prices for tickets, why would more of them attend after paying lower prices? It should theoretically be that people would be more likely to attend after paying more for the ticket.

If we were failing to sell out, I could understand why they would reduce prices but I don't see that reducing them would necessarily mean more bums on seats.

I would of course prefer to see lower prices too but the problem is though, if people aren't attending after paying high prices for tickets, why would more of them attend after paying lower prices? It should theoretically be that people would be more likely to attend after paying more for the ticket.

If we were failing to sell out, I could understand why they would reduce prices but I don't see that reducing them would necessarily mean more bums on seats.

Cheap prices equals more empty seats. That's the case for League matches anyway.

split even tv money = benefit the league

tv money base on merits = will benefit big 6 to be a force in european level. english teams should take the advantage of foreign tv money which is far superior than other european leagues. besides, this is common practice in other major leagues in europe. they got paid on merits & popularity.

I've mixed feelings about this.
============
Grant revenue to each club based on support - this definitely hurts the league as a whole; top clubs will remain fixed, newly promoted clubs will face even more problems to stay up.

Spread revenue evenly among clubs - upcoming/newly promoted clubs benefit hugely - much more competition in the league. But hurts top clubs - who need to compete against the likes of Barca/RM who do not share revenue equally.

Revenue sharing hurts top clubs 2 ways - not as much money to compete for top talent - need to use top players more often in league games thus tiring the squad/risking injuries meanwhile needing to compete in the UCL/EL.

Last edited:

Yeah. I said similar a year or two ago and got lynched on here.

I'd make them cheap and penalise repeated non attendance (but then there's always SC holders that could be sick and who wants those headlines). It's odd that most other clubs dont have the amount of stay aways that we manage.

Still think the best action would be to darken the fucking colour of the seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.