"City dig heels in over Robinho"

ono said:
twinkletoes said:
I knew you wouldn't let us down.

I like "the idiot" touch. I see what you are doing there.
I stand by what i said. There are no quotes that substantiate the claims in the article.

Have you had a look behind the "grassy knoll"?

As much as I question Robbie's attitude and commitment, I'm not taking that story seriously. It's more than likely just lazy journalism having a pop

twinkletoes said:
MANCIO4EVER said:
DOn?t have the time to check if already posted - Here's an update fm Today's Guardian.co.uk, about the ethic of the loved hero!
[Apologize if this results in a spam]
Robinho, the Brazilian forward who is negotiating a loan move to either São Paulo or Santos, has no intention of returning to Manchester City in the summer, despite Roberto Mancini expressing his hope that the most expensive player in English football can play a part in the club's future.

As a four-man delegation from Santos held extensive talks with City officials today over a loan deal until the end of the season, Mancini was speaking of his hope that a reinvigorated Robinho would see the move as only a temporary step and subsequently return to the Premier League after this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

"I remember a similar situation with Adriano," the City manager said. "He had some problems in Milan [with ­Internazionale], he went back to Brazil for six months and now he is playing well – he will play in the World Cup probably and is scoring many goals.

"It is possible the same can happen here because if Robinho goes to Brazil and plays for Santos or São Paulo and plays well and goes to the World Cup I think he can then come back here and be happy. I haven't given up."

Robinho, however, wants to remain in Brazil or move to Spain and his ­advisers will try to resuscitate a deal with ­Barcelona, who are long-time admirers of the player. The 26-year-old is under contract until 2012 but he has become so disillusioned at City, and has formed such a bad impression of Manchester, that he has made it clear he does not consider a return to England to be an option.

Santos are now so confident of re-­signing the former Real Madrid player that they are selling shirts through their official online store with his name on the back. The club's vice-president, Odílio ­Rodrigues, and a lawyer, João Feijó Gazolla, flew into Manchester today to join two marketing officials, Armênio Neto and Eduardo Musa, for the latest round of negotiations with City's chief executive, Garry Cook, and the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood.

The deal hinges on Santos ­attracting enough sponsors to be able to afford ­Robinho's wages. Contrary to initial reports, the player is not as keen about lowering his £160,000-a-week salary as he had suggested.

São Paulo have the same issue but they have also sent a delegation to Manchester, despite acknowledging that Santos are in a stronger position financially.

"We've been contacted by agents from England saying that Roberto Mancini would like Robinho to move to São Paulo [rather than Santos] because we have a bigger international profile and will play in the Libertadores Cup, which would be more effective in bringing his value up again, which is exactly what they want," one of the São Paulo directors, Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, said. "From then onwards, São Paulo got interested. We've had representatives in Manchester since Saturday."

Robinho favours Santos but City say it is a matter of which club has the funds in place. "Santos is way ahead but São Paulo will be in the Libertadores and, perhaps, Robinho may want to play that competition," the São Paulo president, Marco Aurelio Cunha, said.

Were you present when this interview took place?

If not then it is totally unsubstantiated and must be untrue.

The quote is reported from a serious paper - the one that cleary sympathized more to City since now.
More important, few later on, it has been widely resumed on the Club's Official website.
I'm sure U now will assume, apart myself being a clear twat, that even the Club's officials are less devoted than the HERO.
Please, Humbly, wake up. Upgrade Yourself.

alabaster said:
Robinho is a waste of space. How anyone can still be defending him after he's caused all this distraction ahead of the most important match in many of our lifetimes is beyond belief. This is the same as what happened when he was at Madrid. He wasn't playing because he wasn't good enough so he went in a mardy and tried to engineer a move. The sooner he goes the better.

This.

twinkletoes said:
Lotuz said:
What if Robinho plays and scores the winning goal tonight?

What if Colin Bell comes out of retirement and comes on as sub in the ninety seventh minute and scores an own goal?

What if Angiolina Jolie ring me tonight (while watching the clash) seeking for a date?

MANCIO4EVER said:
twinkletoes said:
Were you present when this interview took place?

If not then it is totally unsubstantiated and must be untrue.

The quote is reported from a serious paper - the one that cleary sympathized more to City since now.
More important, few later on, it has been widely resumed on the Club's Official website.
I'm sure U now will assume, apart myself being a clear twat, that even the Club's officials are less devoted than the HERO.
The Independant also reported how Robinho walked straight down the tunnel into the warmth of the dressing room on Sunday after being substituted. In actual fact, he sat on the bench with his team mates. I'd imagine the Independant also considers itself to be a 'serious' paper.

It's a small detail but It's all part of painting the picture.

ono said:
MANCIO4EVER said:
The Independant also reported how Robinho walked straight down the tunnel into the warmth of the dressing room on Sunday after being substituted. In actual fact, he sat on the bench with his team mates. I'd imagine the Independant also considers itself to be a 'serious' paper.

Ok. sorry. It's pointless.
Anybody has the right to belive in flying elephants.
Let's wait and see what will be City and what will be robinho in 3 years time.
I swear I won't waste any further ounce of effort in this senseless - temporary - lack of reason.
Time always fair judge.
Just please don't even think that one is a rag/twat/whatever, just because he stands for logic and truth.

MANCIO4EVER said:
ono said:

Ok. sorry. It's pointless.
Anybody has the right to belive in flying elephants.
Let's wait and see what will be City and what will be robinho in 3 years time.
I swear I won't waste any further ounce of effort in this senseless - temporary - lack of reason.
Time always fair judge.
Just please don't even think that one is a rag/twat/whatever, just because he stands for logic and truth.

Unfortunately they are more interested in winning arguments than seeing reality.

Forza City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.