City Ex Irish Contingent.

scorer

and so it came to pass..... Manchester United fell
Did anyone notice (sure you did) how our Ex Republic stars behaved yesterday?

To be fair I didn't think any of them were particularly outstanding at our club well maybe....

Shay Given,given resectful applause and acknowledged it by claping back - thought he was a good keeper but unnecessary,we had Joe and he should have been our #1 the season we let him go.

Richard Dunne,good recognition and again acknowledged the City fans. Dunne was a perfect A5 student A for effort (youcouldn't fault him) 5 for achievement, always seemed to fuck up at the most opportune times.

Stephen Ireland got acknowledgement at the start and ignored the city fans,got agreat roundof applause when he left the field to be substituted again totally blanked the City fans. Had a great season, he more than anyone was affected by Robinhos departure and when he left I felt he was unnecessarily vocal and critical of the club. However he did apparently give his Villa shirt to a City fan as he left the field. Was disappointed by his attitude to the club that gave him the chance to become a premiership player.

Look at Ireland on the tunnel cam. When Bernard Halford says hiya to him he barely acknowledges him, just treats him as if he's some fan shouting as he walks past. He's all chatty and friendly with De Jong, but probably doesn't even remember dear old Bernard.

Maybe I read too much into that little incident but it did annoy me a little. Easy to get the wrong impression now though about little things like that with the tunnel cam. It's just I used to think Stevie was a nice guy who cared about City, but the way he's acted since he left has proved me wrong it would seem.

Mr Partridge said:
Look at Ireland on the tunnel cam. When Bernard Halford says hiya to him he barely acknowledges him, just treats him as if he's some fan shouting as he walks past. He's all chatty and friendly with De Jong, but probably doesn't even remember dear old Bernard.

Maybe I read too much into that little incident but it did annoy me a little. Easy to get the wrong impression now though about little things like that with the tunnel cam. It's just I used to think Stevie was a nice guy who cared about City, but the way he's acted since he left has proved me wrong it would seem.

1.04 - Ireland gives BH a big smile and holds his hand out. Then Given gets a hug and Dunne smiles and shakes BH's hand.
4.04 Ireland and Dunne put their arms round Chappy and are all smiles.

Nothing wrong there as far as I can see.

The tunnel cam was good to watch for the players. I thought the 3 former players talked to a few of there former backroom and club officals. I thought 1 of the mascotts said is that Stevie Ireland as they came back in from the warm up. To be honest all 3 would of loved to be still apart of this squad. No matter what all 3 during there time here all done well at times. That game yesterday would of been hard on Dunnie and Ireland being at the club for so long. I think Ireland knows he messed up when he left with all the shit that came out I think he was embarassed by what he did back then.

Extra info...

During the warm up before the teams come out for the game Given and Dunne both acknowledged the City fans when their names were announced in the team line ups. Ireland did not. All 3 players received the same amount of applause.

When the teams came out Given waited for his name to be read out near to the half way line messing about with his boots or shin pads. Then when his name was read out he acknowledged both home and away fans as he ran towards the goal.

Barry and to a lesser extent Milner got a bit of banter booing off the Villa fans, though the stick that Barry got was nothing compared to last season. Neither player reacted and Milner didn't celebrate after his goal.

I don't understand why Ireland chose to act like this (apart from him being fucked in the head). His beef is with the club, not the fans.

Richard Dunne: Gave respect and earned respect.

Shay Given: Gave respect and earned respect.

Stephen Ireland: Piece of shit.

As I said in an earlier thread all three acknowledged the City fans, yes Dunnie and Given a bit more than Ireland but when he was substituted he was gutted but still acknowledged our fans.

All three showed respect in differing degrees but none of them showed disrespect and I for one never expected them to. They all gave 100% when they were with us, Dunnie probably 110%, and you could see that Dunnie liked it when the City fans sang 'his' song. ~He's here, he's there etc~

It was clear from the tunnel cam as well that they acknowledged people they knew in the tunnel.

DTeacher said:
Richard Dunne: Gave respect and earned respect.

Shay Given: Gave respect and earned respect.

Stephen Ireland: Piece of shit.
this

Eccles Blue said:
As I said in an earlier thread all three acknowledged the City fans, yes Dunnie and Given a bit more than Ireland but when he was substituted he was gutted but still acknowledged our fans.

All three showed respect in differing degrees but none of them showed disrespect and I for one never expected them to. They all gave 100% when they were with us, Dunnie probably 110%, and you could see that Dunnie liked it when the City fans sang 'his' song. ~He's here, he's there etc~

It was clear from the tunnel cam as well that they acknowledged people they knew in the tunnel.

i dont think this bit happened in fairness

dw7 said:
Eccles Blue said:

i dont think this bit happened in fairness

dw7

I sit to the right of the away 'dug out' and he did acknowledge the fans as he came off, he raised his arms and applauded, granted not as well as Dunnie and Given but he did applaud. I watched especially because I was one of the people applauding him.

As a Dunnie fan I was particularly watching all 3 of our former players, not during the match that was for our players, but before and after the match and when Stevie came off. He was very red faced and looked on the verge of tears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.