City Ex Irish Contingent.

Eccles Blue said:
dw7 said:
Eccles Blue said:
As I said in an earlier thread all three acknowledged the City fans, yes Dunnie and Given a bit more than Ireland but when he was substituted he was gutted but still acknowledged our fans.

All three showed respect in differing degrees but none of them showed disrespect and I for one never expected them to. They all gave 100% when they were with us, Dunnie probably 110%, and you could see that Dunnie liked it when the City fans sang 'his' song. ~He's here, he's there etc~

It was clear from the tunnel cam as well that they acknowledged people they knew in the tunnel.

i dont think this bit happened in fairness

dw7

I sit to the right of the away 'dug out' and he did acknowledge the fans as he came off, he raised his arms and applauded, granted not as well as Dunnie and Given but he did applaud. I watched especially because I was one of the people applauding him.

As a Dunnie fan I was particularly watching all 3 of our former players, not during the match that was for our players, but before and after the match and when Stevie came off. He was very red faced and looked on the verge of tears.

I watched Ireland as he came off to see his reaction and he made it so obvious that only people as close to the dug out as you could see it. Nobody in the rest of the ground could.

Carver said:
Eccles Blue said:
dw7 said:
i dont think this bit happened in fairness

dw7

I sit to the right of the away 'dug out' and he did acknowledge the fans as he came off, he raised his arms and applauded, granted not as well as Dunnie and Given but he did applaud. I watched especially because I was one of the people applauding him.

As a Dunnie fan I was particularly watching all 3 of our former players, not during the match that was for our players, but before and after the match and when Stevie came off. He was very red faced and looked on the verge of tears.

I watched Ireland as he came off to see his reaction and he made it so obvious that only people as close to the dug out as you could see it. Nobody in the rest of the ground could.

Fair point Carver. As I am not Stevie's greatest fan these days, after his silly outburst against our players, I was disappointed that he didn't make it more obvious but have to be fair to him.

Dunnie is, and always will be, my hero so I am not that bothered about Ireland. :-)

Lads it's very clear Stevie was highly surprised,disappointed and embarrassed at being subbed so quick.i'm not surprised his first thought wasnt to massage our egos.

He clearly looks awkward in the tunnel cam but was happy to see people.

My heart went out to the lad.

howiedeblue said:
Contrast that to the treatment dished out by the Villa fans to Gareth Barry when he goes back to Villa Park,

Dunne, Given and Ireland were surplus to requirements and sold - Barry wanted to leave Villa to be fair.

Distin gets a fair bit of stick when we play Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.