City Fans In Glasgow

Having a scoop in the Moskito Bar in Glasgow.

A nice fruity number it is too.

20160927_141124.jpg
Wouldn't have put salt and pepper in it myself, but each to their own

This place is only 5 minutes walk from Glasgow Central train station.

2ilfu6t.png

Thanks for the heads up, I will know to stay well clear :) There are loads of good drinking places with needing to resort to Walkabouts.

I'm going to drink on Hope Street so people know where to avoid.

Setting off 8.30 in the morning hope the ticket queue doesn't use up to much drinking time.
We are setting off at 7.30 parking at kelvinbridge near my daughters flat tube into the centre pick tickets up then something to eat and then on the piss think we might stay around the merchant area

Thanks for the heads up, I will know to stay well clear :) There are loads of good drinking places with needing to resort to Walkabouts.

I'm going to drink on Hope Street so people know where to avoid.

agreed ... usually plastic glasses in there as well

Just about to set off & with a few minutes to spare, just started pondering on the ticket collection. This game will be unlike any previous Euro in so much that almost everyone will arrive in the city on the day of the game. Doing some sums (and a couple of assumptions), we were allocated 2,700 tickets, say 15% went to Corporate etc. & another 15% to supporters clubs (who don't have to collect at the fruit market), that leaves 1,900 people needing wristbands. If most arrive after midday, that means they have approx. 6 hours to shift the tickets at a rate of over 300/hour. That's 10 staff distributors maintaining a speed of 3 minutes per person. My experience in Paris was that it look far longer than 3 minutes (more like 5).

If they have miscalculated, this could get heated!!!!

Just about to set off & with a few minutes to spare, just started pondering on the ticket collection. This game will be unlike any previous Euro in so much that almost everyone will arrive in the city on the day of the game. Doing some sums (and a couple of assumptions), we were allocated 2,700 tickets, say 15% went to Corporate etc. & another 15% to supporters clubs (who don't have to collect at the fruit market), that leaves 1,900 people needing wristbands. If most arrive after midday, that means they have approx. 6 hours to shift the tickets at a rate of over 300/hour. That's 10 staff distributors maintaining a speed of 3 minutes per person. My experience in Paris was that it look far longer than 3 minutes (more like 5).

Especially when you consider they aren't letting away fans in after 7:15. Going to end carnage. I'd advise anyone going to get there as early as possible.

supporters clubs do have to pick up iirc

Especially when you consider they aren't letting away fans in after 7:15. Going to end carnage. I'd advise anyone going to get there as early as possible.

That can't be right. Traffic around the stadium is always horrendous and its a solid 30 minute hike from the city centre if you know where you're going, they can't expect all city fans to be there for 19:15. Thats impossible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.