City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I wonder if they reduced ALL prices by 20% the ground would be rammed jammed full every game and the club would still have the same revenue.......worth a try surely?

In the 1967/8 title winning season with Bell/Lee/Summerbee the average attendance was only 36,000, but Maine Road's capacity was 65,000.

Not sure about that. I think its because those kids family stand seats are so cheap that's part of the reason why some seem quite happy to miss matches without it being an issue.
Paying more doesn't half focus the mind!

It would more than likely have the opposite effect. Lower prices usually means not bothered about missing a few games
Lower prices would have meant all those thousands who used to go all the time and had to give up their SeasonCard over the years because it got too expensive, may not ever have had to give it up and stop going, being replaced by people who don’t turn up.

I’ve had about two dozen friends and family fall away from going to games either through being foracbly moved and not given seats with mates they’ve sat with for years or by their SCs going up hundreds of pounds in just a few years. When they did go to games, they pretty much all never missed a game.

I had to leave 10mins early for the first time ever yesterday... it knocked almost an hour off my journey time. Mental really.

The Leicester game had been effectively sold out for several days, on Monday I struggled to buy a single ticket, never mind the 4 together that I needed.Therefore, watching motd this morning it very fucking frustrating seeing a lot of unoccupied seats, especially in the family stand.

Are all these ST no-shows? If so, why don't people put them up for resale?! I get that people can't make every game, but I think if you miss (or don't sell on your ticket) for a certain amount of games per season you should lose your ST - obviously create exceptions for illness, bereavement etc.
That is EXACTLY what should happen. They don’t deserve their SeasonCard if their seat is empty for games.

I’ve heard of people who live in other countries who have SeasonCards and they only come to about half a dozen games all season. I remember speaking to a bloke at Blackburn away in the Cup a few years back and he said he worked in Australia for four months of the year during the season and he has a SC.

Get them fucked off if their SCs aren’t passed on.

Time and time and time and time again big goals, winning goals or absolute screamers are scored late on by City and thousands miss it just to be sat in a car for 30 minutes instead of an hour.

The funny thing is all they’re going home to do is sit down all night in their living rooms watching tele, so why not do the same in the car for a bit longer and stick a decent album on or have a decent conversation?

Do these people turn off The Departed ten minutes before the end or not watch the last episode of a series so they don’t have to sit on the sofa for too long?

What is it about being sat down these people don’t like?
Great post.

Somethings got to be done about the family stand/North stand lower tier. Yesterday was rammed other than this stand(AGAIN )Pockets of empty seats all over, yet trying to get tickets for this game for the last two weeks was like pulling teeth with very limited availability. Why would people buy season tickets then not bother going to 60-70 % of the games and not even pass them on to friends or family if they know they can't go??? I wonder if it's the same kind of fans who were smiling as Steptoe reeled away after he scored ?? Or similar fans to the ones who couldn't be arsed standing up after Sergio slammed his 2nd goal in because their brews were more important( check MOTD) Just so many robotic fans with absolutely no passion have infiltrated our ground in the last few seasons and I ******* hate it !! Rant over. CTIFD

That is EXACTLY what should happen. They don’t deserve their SeasonCard if their seat is empty for games.

I’ve heard of people who live in other countries who have SeasonCards and they only come to about half a dozen games all season. I remember speaking to a bloke at Blackburn away in the Cup a few years back and he said he worked in Australia for four months of the year during the season and he has a SC.

Get them fucked off if their SCs aren’t passed on.
Absolutely. It's ludicrous when there are plenty of people who'd be willing to use those tickets, be there to support the team and spend money.

There's a big group who sit just in front of me in 316 but none were there yesterday, but all the seats were taken as they'd obviously sorted to let someone else have their tickets. But I was in the Grove and was talking to another group where there was one guy who misses loads of games through work, but never passes his ticket on.

It would be very simple for the club to track who isn't using their card regularly so there should be some kind of communication with these people about notifying the club or you get penalised.

Lower prices would have meant all those thousands who used to go all the time and had to give up their SeasonCard over the years because it got too expensive, may not ever have had to give it up and stop going, being replaced by people who don’t turn up.

I’ve had about two dozen friends and family fall away from going to games either through being foracbly moved and not given seats with mates they’ve sat with for years or by their SCs going up hundreds of pounds in just a few years. When they did go to games, they pretty much all never missed a game.

Maybe but reducing them now wouldn’t make any difference because the regular st holders still wouldn’t go and it wouldn’t cost them as much

I appreciate you can get tickets through other channels, however it's not the point. People consistently not turning up or failing to make their tickets available for others should lose their right to renew.
unless they are trying to profit,then they shouldn't lose their right.that's probably the only point we would agree on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.