City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I respect anyone who looks after the infirm and disabled either personal or professional but you must be in a tiny minority that has that responsibility.

You just don't get it do you?
People have many and varied reasons for not attending or leaving early - all which are unbeknown to you and people like you.
It is none of your business that a lot of people don't put a football match as top priority and organise their life around it
obviously as you do.
I guess we all have to just accept that you really are a 'Super City Fan' and the biggest blue on this forum.
Well done. You should be proud of yourself.

If I need to be somewhere in an evening after a 12:30 or 3pm KO, I have to leave before full time. I simply cant allow a 2 hour journey to morph into a 3 to 3 1/2 hour journey. Frankly folks like hammocity can f*ck off! If he wants folks to stay to the end then have a pop at Metrolink for the shocking service or the council for the dreadful traffic management within a mile if the ground. People have lives outside MCFC.

I feel 2 blocks in one of the third tears pitch side should be allocated for families, with the current Family Stand being made available for all City fans, would soon alleviate the issue of empty seats for mid-week games there.

Also bring in a points system for fans who attend every game, which could include discounts on renewals and further incentives, the issue would soon resolve itself then.

You just don't get it do you?
People have many and varied reasons for not attending or leaving early - all which are unbeknown to you and people like you.
It is none of your business that a lot of people don't put a football match as top priority and organise their life around it
obviously as you do.
I guess we all have to just accept that you really are a 'Super City Fan' and the biggest blue on this forum.
Well done. You should be proud of yourself.
When people are going online to buy tickets and games are down as "SOLS OUT" and then there are visibly empty seats everywhere i think everyone has the right to call these people out and if it is a common practice they should be called out to have their SCs taken off them and given to people who will go every week or reduce the amount of SCs and open up more matchday tickets for people who want to actually attend. As for early leavers, i think it's more the culture of leaving early that exists in this country than people having genuine reasons, the want to miss the big traffic and get on their armchair to watch tele rather than watch the end of the match will be what 95% of the country's early leavers are leaving for. The other 5% will have genuine reasons like work or looking after young/elderly/disabled people but it's just not what the majority do. We all know it, no point pretending otherwise.

This does happen at all clubs. But it seems more noticeable for us (& Arsenal).
For the other clubs that sell out or nearly sell out home games I don't see those groupings of 4,5,6 or more seats together that are unused. We see several such groups of seats empty for most home games.
Dunno what the cause is really. In the family stand I can imagine the reasons but on TV you often see it in blocks along the East stand lower tier as well. Maybe the club hold these seats, or sponsors etc and so they don't go on open sale?

Leaving early is understandable for reasons plenty of posters have listed. Eg if you've already travelled 2 hours for a home game I'm not telling you to stay to the end if it spoils your day out.
But again it seems more noticeable at City than other clubs. Maybe we have more ST holders with distances to travel, maybe it's just the age of fanbase and a big proportion being 40+ and have family commitments etc.

I feel 2 blocks in one of the third tears pitch side should be allocated for families, with the current Family Stand being made available for all City fans, would soon alleviate the issue of empty seats for mid-week games there.

Also bring in a points system for fans who attend every game, which could include discounts on renewals and further incentives, the issue would soon resolve itself then.
The second paragraph I agree with. I'd raise season tickets by a fiver a game and if the card is used or has been put up for sale on the exchange, the supporter gets that money back or credit towards cup games, merchandise etc..

I don't agree with putting our youngest supporters as far from the players as possible. Family Stand is too big at the moment, though.

If I need to be somewhere in an evening after a 12:30 or 3pm KO, I have to leave before full time. I simply cant allow a 2 hour journey to morph into a 3 to 3 1/2 hour journey. Frankly folks like hammocity can f*ck off! If he wants folks to stay to the end then have a pop at Metrolink for the shocking service or the council for the dreadful traffic management within a mile if the ground. People have lives outside MCFC.
Chill out fella, I agree some people have to leave early, just the number that do so is embarrassing but it's their choice.

You have a point maybe the supporters groups should get together and make a proper case to the council how bad it is, who do very well from City, you can only try. It's a shame you have to make a massive fuss before these complaints are even listened to, but that's essentially what will have to be done.

I'm lucky, live reasonably close to the ground, 20 mins on non-matchdays by car, I can count on one hand the games I've left early in nearly 50 years.

Doubt I'd be off if I lived further away but never had that to worry about. What I can say is especially for midweek games if he's not working on match day my lad will drive 3 1/2 hours plus each way and be in work in the following morning.

People however do have reasons for legging it but not the numbers that clear off. You only have to look at around half time, loads miss 5/10 mins either side for a beer. Now I Ike a beer more than most & had 6/7 pre-game (not driving obviously) but missing upto a quarter of the match for a beer then off before the end as well......

Each to their own I suppose.

I'm lucky, live reasonably close to the ground, 20 mins on non-matchdays by car, I can count on one hand the games I've left early in nearly 50 years.

Doubt I'd be off if I lived further away but never had that to worry about. What I can say is especially for midweek games if he's not working on match day my lad will drive 3 1/2 hours plus each way and be in work in the following morning.

People however do have reasons for legging it but not the numbers that clear off. You only have to look at around half time, loads miss 5/10 mins either side for a beer. Now I Ike a beer more than most & had 6/7 pre-game (not driving obviously) but missing upto a quarter of the match for a beer then off before the end as well......

Each to their own I suppose.
Noticed this as well(I wonder what the record is for the least amount of football watched haha), the club aren't going to mind them buying beers at those prices though, I think that's one for the club to sort out by making it faster. Also isn't it time people are allowed a beer in their seats, use plastic cups and keep the rule for the family stand by all means but it's mostly unnecessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.