City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Bluep*ss said:
Here is my take on FFP..............I do not want to take any credit because I found it on another Thread.............................

FINANCIAL FORE PLAY =========
The movement in the doorway was almost imperceptible in the dusk light as David Gill slipped almost silently into the dimly lit room. Shadows cast from the gentle flames on the open log fire danced across the walls, casting enough light for David to see the target of his pent up affections lying motionless amongst the silk sheets adorning the Oak framed four poster bed. David reached to his right and pressed play on the CD player. The strains of J’Taime began to fill the room. On the bed, Platini stirred and turned to look at him, smiling knowingly. David reached over to the drinks cabinet and poured them both a crystal flute of the finest Champagne, then eased him self onto the bed, handing Platini his drink……….
………...............................................true FINANCIAL FORE PLAY....or FFP

hRVPTGA.gif

We should sign Messi, not include him in the Champions League squad and when they moan just say "well, you told us we had reduce our CL squad size to 20 and Messi didn't make the cut"...

See what they say about the best player and a huge marketing tool for the CL not being in the comp!

KippaxCitizen said:
We should sign Messi, not include him in the Champions League squad and when they moan just say "well, you told us we had reduce our CL squad size to 20 and Messi didn't make the cut"...

See what they say about the best player and a huge marketing tool for the CL not being in the comp!

I'm sure Messi would be up for that!

lazza said:
strongbowholic said:
MrE said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2626122/Manchester-City-relegated-not-champions-goals-English-players-counted-Premier-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>
Fuck me! Talk about clutching at straws.

What on earth is that all about!! I hope the author is embarrassed about putting this together.... maybe we could put a league together assuming any shot saved by a non-English goalkeeper counts as a goal.....!
Bloody hell ! what a tosspot to spend time researching this load of f*cking drivel. he should be ashamed. Are the Mail trying to boost their sales in Giddypool??>

NeilYoungIsBack said:
With Platini, maybe we should adopt a carrot and stick approach ?

First, get a large carrot and shove it up his arse. Followed by a stick. Followed by an even bigger, rougher carrot.

Can I recommend the Marrow and Pineapple approach as an alternative in this instance?

DiscoSteve said:
NeilYoungIsBack said:

First, get a large carrot and shove it up his arse. Followed by a stick. Followed by an even bigger, rougher carrot.

Can I recommend the Marrow and Pineapple approach as an alternative in this instance?
or the slightly more controversial "sword and grenade" approach?

strongbowholic said:
DiscoSteve said:
NeilYoungIsBack said:

or the slightly more controversial "sword and grenade" approach?
Fear not. Money has hit my account from MCFC following a successful pitch for the "Nijinsky's Fetlocks & The Flash" method.

Think Duckworth-Lewis but with fists, GHB, electrodes, a donkey and a power drill.

kramer said:
Don't know if this has been linked on here already But City's auditors were fined last year for breaches to audit independency rules http://m.accountingweb.co.uk/article/bdo-fined-icaew-disciplinary/538838

Individual auditors who work for a LLP financial services company.
Then again compared with what PWC has got up to recently in China its small beer
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/10/30/for-pricewaterhousecoopers-china-accounting-scandals-not-a-game-changer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2 ... e-changer/</a>

Services companies in general are masters of the bleedin obvious. They tell you what you already know or what you want to know (as KPMG did with the Co-op Bank). which is why the PWC LLP that UEFA used will probably have been complicit with UEFA. Of course the same can possibly be said about our auditors.

Still no news then? No journos claiming "sources have said..." on twitter (sorry for being a mothering get but I don't do twitter).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.