City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Mike Keegan on Twitter:

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen · 13m
Asked Uefa for latest on #mcfc & proposed FFP sanctions. Was told 'no precise timing/date yet'.

Roosty said:
Mike Keegan on Twitter:

Asked Uefa for latest on #mcfc & proposed FFP sanctions. Was told 'no precise timing/date yet'.
They are lulling us ......when the parade has started , and it is all quiet at the Etihad, Uefa panzers are rolling into Beswick and they are going to surround the place with a f*cking great chain and LOCK US OUT. Great big Padlocks ..Uefa then tell the media there is going to be NO MORE of THIS MAN CITY SHIT.......
Gill and Twatini are seen lurking in the background.................

2 interesting developments that could have a huge impact on FFP if the parties involved act.

Randy Lerner wants out and he might find that the value of Villa is hit as its not something any new owner can freely invest in. So perhaps a billionaire owner who is leaving the game altogether, from a club that is outside UEFA sanctions might think it the perfect time to attack FFP legally?

Secondly, if City cannot find any way forward with UEFA (which I seriously doubt they can) then logic dictates that the best next move is not to CAS but to issue an injunction against FFP until the ANY current legal challenge is worked though. Why would City bother dancing to UEFA's tune if within 18 months FFP is kicked out?

Roosty said:
Mike Keegan on Twitter:

The more i read about this the more half baked it seems.

ffp is so fucking bent and so fucking complicated - why not make it fairer and simpler by having a simple rule where debt cannot go to a above a certain % of turnover - easy to understand and administer, and hurts the true problems in footballing finance, be it the portsmouths or the uniteds of this world

fbloke said:
2 interesting developments that could have a huge impact on FFP if the parties involved act.

Randy Lerner wants out and he might find that the value of Villa is hit as its not something any new owner can freely invest in. So perhaps a billionaire owner who is leaving the game altogether, from a club that is outside UEFA sanctions might think it the perfect time to attack FFP legally?

Secondly, if City cannot find any way forward with UEFA (which I seriously doubt they can) then logic dictates that the best next move is not to CAS but to issue an injunction against FFP until the ANY current legal challenge is worked though. Why would City bother dancing to UEFA's tune if within 18 months FFP is kicked out?

Excellent points. I have always listed a number of 'unintended consequences'. Another of course is the PFA will potentially have 4 players deprived of CL bonuses. Is that legal?

Is that two delays now? Maybe it's a good thing since if UEFA are truly hardline, they'd just punish us without remorse.

LoveCity said:
Is that two delays now? Maybe it's a good thing since if UEFA are truly hardline, they'd just punish us without remorse.

Possibly. Personally I think the fact that no news is getting out anywhere means we are in a locked room with UEFA hammering out a deal.

fbloke said:

Quite. I don't suppose if we coughed up 50 million now we would get it back if the whole thing is defeated down the line.

Bluep*ss said:
Roosty said:
Mike Keegan on Twitter:

They are lulling us ......when the parade has started , and it is all quiet at the Etihad, Uefa panzers are rolling into Beswick and they are going to surround the place with a f*cking great chain and LOCK US OUT. Great big Padlocks ..Uefa then tell the media there is going to be NO MORE of THIS MAN CITY SHIT.......
Gill and Twatini are seen lurking in the background.................

Hope not, I am at the Former Players Association dinner tonight in the Citizens Suite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.