City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

El Mago said:
Calling something fair, doesn't mean its really fair.

Financial Fair Play reminds me of a recent Daily Show in which Jon Stewart was taking the piss out of Georgia's 'Safe Carry Protection Act'. A law which now allows Georgians to carry a concealed weapon in school, library, work etc. EVEN if they have in the past been convicted of a firearms related crime.

What I find strange is the supposed £50m fine......

when I have just heard "Turkey have been ordered to pay £73m by the European Court of Human Rights for the 1974 invasion of Cyprus."

Does our supposed fine seem fair?

All the UEFA bigwigs will be pissing off to Turin tonight ahead of the UEFA Executive meeting tomorrow and the Europa Final on Wednesday so if no announcement tonight it may be Thursday or Friday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2101401.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/media ... 01401.html</a>

Prob just a last ditch attempt by the media to rattle us in the closing stages of the season.

lancs blue said:
All the UEFA bigwigs will be pissing off to Turin tonight ahead of the UEFA Executive meeting tomorrow and the Europa Final on Wednesday so if no announcement tonight it may be Thursday or Friday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2101401.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/media ... 01401.html</a>
I wish they'd just come out and say what's happening and get the fuck on with it! Oh well, Thursday then.

bcliffe145 said:
What I find strange is the supposed £50m fine......

when I have just heard "Turkey have been ordered to pay £73m by the European Court of Human Rights for the 1974 invasion of Cyprus."

Does our supposed fine seem fair?

On a comparable scale I think if we're being fined £50m we should invade the Isle of Man.

fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
fbloke said:
2 interesting developments that could have a huge impact on FFP if the parties involved act.

Randy Lerner wants out and he might find that the value of Villa is hit as its not something any new owner can freely invest in. So perhaps a billionaire owner who is leaving the game altogether, from a club that is outside UEFA sanctions might think it the perfect time to attack FFP legally?

Secondly, if City cannot find any way forward with UEFA (which I seriously doubt they can) then logic dictates that the best next move is not to CAS but to issue an injunction against FFP until the ANY current legal challenge is worked though. Why would City bother dancing to UEFA's tune if within 18 months FFP is kicked out?
It's in the rules that they have to go to CAS in the event of any dispute. I'm certainly no legal eagle but I think CAS rules on whether the rules have been applied correctly but wouldn't make a decision on whether those rules are in themselves consistent with EU Law.

But even I can see that there appear to be no grounds in FFP's Annex X, which deals with the details of allowable and non-allowable income, to disallow a cash receipt which relates to football operations or club branding..

If you don't accept the legitimacy of FFP or any of its elements why would you follow the appeal procedures for those rules?

The CL is an invitation competition and to qualify there are a large number of requirements of which FFP is one. To play in CL you need a UEFA license with defines amongst other this how disputes are resolved - quite simply if you do not accept the license requirements then you wont get one..

Nobody is forcing anybody to play in the CL - but if you do UEFA regardless of how bent we all know it to be we have to comply

To challenge FFP at European level is a different issue but that is going to take more than a few months

Blue Mist said:
The fact that there was no official press release on Friday and nothing today shows that nothing has been decided, no 50 mil fine and no player sanction, the press are just making it up.
They will probably agree to let it all die down and be forgotten about. Other then wenger who is moaning about it ? World Cup coming up etc. They are on a loser and they know it.

And that is making it up just like the journo's.
I think that is very wishful thinking on your part.

Neither UEFA nor City have said anything officially, but these stories have come out from somewhere, I suspect City know full well what has been decided by UEFA, and that the sanctions have been leaked by City to friendly journalists (if such a thing exists), so that we can defend ourselves and gain some support in the UK, before UEFA release the sanctions. We already seemed to have gained a little support in some quarters, mainly pundits who have seen what we are really about, but we can put some pressure on that way.

I feel that City will fight it all the way now in any case, and UEFA saying nothing, is because their next step is the so called appeal, when they will no doubt up the punishment.

We should carry on as if nothing has happened, get our signings done early, and then worry about the rest as it happens.

dctid said:
fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's in the rules that they have to go to CAS in the event of any dispute. I'm certainly no legal eagle but I think CAS rules on whether the rules have been applied correctly but wouldn't make a decision on whether those rules are in themselves consistent with EU Law.

But even I can see that there appear to be no grounds in FFP's Annex X, which deals with the details of allowable and non-allowable income, to disallow a cash receipt which relates to football operations or club branding..

If you don't accept the legitimacy of FFP or any of its elements why would you follow the appeal procedures for those rules?

The CL is an invitation competition and to qualify there are a large number of requirements of which FFP is one. To play in CL you need a UEFA license with defines amongst other this how disputes are resolved - quite simply if you do not accept the license requirements then you wont get one..

Nobody is forcing anybody to play in the CL - but if you do UEFA regardless of how bent we all know it to be we have to comply

To challenge FFP at European level is a different issue but that is going to take more than a few months

Here we go again.

Well they do need to get on with it, or else how are clubs to know how much they have to spend this summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.