City Goal celebrations

JASR

watching the extended highlights of last nights match on the OS, I realised we have done (IIRC) only 3 types this season.
One, the scorer points at the assister and then a group hug happens.
Two, the scorer generally ends up holding arms aloft near the fans as a group hug happens.
Three, the scorer makes a celebratory point about something important - eg new child/other player not there (silva).

None of them are manufactured, pre-planned, dabbing generation embellished embarrassments.

Dredging my mind further, I can’t recall city players in recent memory ever doing the above embarrassment sort of thing - perhaps someone can put me right?

In short, long may the way we celebrate goals continue, it has class - acknowledging the assister - and it is good old fashioned team bonding, acknowledging and supporting.

It did however raise 2 thoughts in my head.
One, I’m glad our players don’t spend their time thinking up the embarrassing stuff to do, to massage their egos.
Two, I wonder whether this is a club stipulation handed down?

ie don’t be a cock on the pitch - if you do score, acknowledge, celebrate, try and do it again, as it’s the excellent football that fans want, not some oversized ego.

I think the threat of yellow cards has damped any over celebrations but a good group hug shows unity which is all that matters.

Any last minute winners then feel free to join the crowd! booking or not haha

There is definitely something special about this group of players. You can see the bond from the way they back each other up on the pitch if there is a bad challenge but the thing I love is that when we score even the subs go mental and run on to celebrate. No apparent bitterness, it is all about the good of the team. All Pep’s doing.

I think the threat of yellow cards has damped any over celebrations
Ah ok. Rings a bell.

But, I’m going back a few years now - I remember Tevez with his golf swing one, and hands on ears one - but not much else really springs to mind as anything but group hugs, so it wasn’t part of the players ‘thing’ even then?

Been this way since the Mancini era. Must be passed down from VK et al.

Ah ok. Rings a bell.

But, I’m going back a few years now - I remember Tevez with his golf swing one, and hands on ears one - but not much else really springs to mind as anything but group hugs, so it wasn’t part of the players ‘thing’ even then?

Tevez used to do that dance where he shaked his bum as well, I remember it because my lads copied him when the scored.

United might be closer to us if they didn't spend so much time practising new hand shakes.

Tevez used to do that dance where he shaked his bum as well, I remember it because my lads copied him when the scored.

United might be closer to us if they didn't spend so much time practising new hand shakes.

the tevez golf swing was class..

Then Lee Dixon on motd said it was terrible and disrespectful..... D**k

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.