City Legends

Dr Mick

i'm sure this will have been covered before so apologies in advance but which of our current crop of senior players will become City legends? I believe a player has to retire from football and the dust allowed to settle before you cam truly make a real objective assessment and of the crop from our more recent past i would name just 4. In no particular order SWP, the Goat, Uwe and Dunney. But what of the current squad how many will go on to be regarded as true City legends? Yaya, Kun, Dave, super Joey Hart, Vinney, KDB, Zaba, Dino. And what about Sane,Raheem and Juice as potential legends? For me Dennis Tueart will always be my favourite with the likes of Whitey, Lakey and Bob not far behind. with an exra special mention for Kenny Clements.My point is that in years to come when we look back on this period of our glorious history we will have an abundance of true legends. And that's not to mention the legends we don't yet know about. Having had a glimp this season of what Pep is capable of achieving our hall of fame is likely to be stuffed with names from the period 2011 - 2021. City may need to relieve Quinn of his legendary status to make room. And where does Carlos Tevez fit it? For me he was a real catalyst. I would genuinely be interested in the views of fellow blues.

I think to be a true club legend, you have to adhere to these two criteria. The fans have to love you, and you have to love the club. It's why Tevez will be remembered fondly and appreciated, whereas Goater, who wasn't half the player will always be a legend.

I think the difference between whether a player is remembered as a fan favourite or a Legend comes down to the player's ability and the success they had with the club.

Fan favourites are remembered fondly for various reasons such as their workrate or entertainment value or most often loyalty. Players like this come and go but they'll always have a great relationship with the fans.

Legends are the players you tell your kids about, the players that kids want to emulate, because they're the best. I think they're often recognised by fans of other clubs.

To me Hart, Zab, Vinnie, Yaya, Silva, Tevez and Aguero all qualify as legends, with the likes of GazBaz/Dinho/Dzeko falling somewhere in between.

Tevez? Never for me.

Oh, I dunno...

106509452_fotoball_294857c.jpg

For me a legend is a very very good player but has that x factor that connects them somehow to city and Manchester,in a committed kind of bleed blue blood type of way.
A player that would go and watch city or stick around after finishing their career.

We have been blessed with some incredibly talented players latley but in my opinion ,only zabba,Vinny and Joe that are legends and not just blokes being very good at a job they do

i'm sure this will have been covered before so apologies in advance but which of our current crop of senior players will become City legends? I believe a player has to retire from football and the dust allowed to settle before you cam truly make a real objective assessment and of the crop from our more recent past i would name just 4. In no particular order SWP, the Goat, Uwe and Dunney. But what of the current squad how many will go on to be regarded as true City legends? Yaya, Kun, Dave, super Joey Hart, Vinney, KDB, Zaba, Dino. And what about Sane,Raheem and Juice as potential legends? For me Dennis Tueart will always be my favourite with the likes of Whitey, Lakey and Bob not far behind. with an exra special mention for Kenny Clements.My point is that in years to come when we look back on this period of our glorious history we will have an abundance of true legends. And that's not to mention the legends we don't yet know about. Having had a glimp this season of what Pep is capable of achieving our hall of fame is likely to be stuffed with names from the period 2011 - 2021. City may need to relieve Quinn of his legendary status to make room. And where does Carlos Tevez fit it? For me he was a real catalyst. I would genuinely be interested in the views of fellow blues.

Out of your current list of players, I agree with most but Dinho has to win a bit more and Joe Hart misses out on the basis of being good but not great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.