CITY: SHOWSEC, Atmosphere, & Blatant Bullying.

There are areas where standing is overlooked which are basically the lower tier of the SS and 110/111. 109 was added to the list, albeit reluctantly, a few seasons ago but whoever replaced Peter Fletcher (I think his name is Sean McGrath) has suddenly decided to start the war on standing in 109 again. No trouble in there yesterday though.

I'm in 117 (South Stand). No-one's ever told us to sit down in there......so we don't

in the pre-match announcement about smoking etc. they say that standing is the biggest source of complaints.
Exactly who is it that is complaining?
Is it that 109 has a number of people who decide to complain week in and week out about standing?
Is it day tripper people who put it into a "how was your day?" survey or similar?

Oh, and while I'm here, why was the "Manchester thanks you" banner rolled up yesterday?
If the answer is somewhere else, then I would also appreciate knowing what happened to the Titanic.

in the pre-match announcement about smoking etc. they say that standing is the biggest source of complaints.
Exactly who is it that is complaining?
Is it that 109 has a number of people who decide to complain week in and week out about standing?
Is it day tripper people who put it into a "how was your day?" survey or similar?

Oh, and while I'm here, why was the "Manchester thanks you" banner rolled up yesterday?
If the answer is somewhere else, then I would also appreciate knowing what happened to the Titanic.

It was the newer fans who moved to areas where people didn't stand and started standing, as the front rows were the ones available,, Started in 110, 119 and 109. They step in if anyone stands past the the 120 aisle.

There are areas where standing is overlooked which are basically the lower tier of the SS and 110/111. 109 was added to the list, albeit reluctantly, a few seasons ago but whoever replaced Peter Fletcher (I think his name is Sean McGrath) has suddenly decided to start the war on standing in 109 again. No trouble in there yesterday though.

Cheers. Will stay where I am - seems as if stewards have now been instructed to stop turning a blind eye. Wonder if it's anything to do with recent proposals to introduce specific safe standing areas? Clubs might have to demonstrate that they can control seated fans before standing can be reintroduced - it's definitely much harder to control a standing crowd. I've been to Blackburn several times & it's impossible to sit down as all the fans stand for the whole of the match. Stewards look helpless & this gives the impression they are unable to apply any formal control whatsoever.

Cheers. Will stay where I am - seems as if stewards have now been instructed to stop turning a blind eye. Wonder if it's anything to do with recent proposals to introduce specific safe standing areas? Clubs might have to demonstrate that they can control seated fans before standing can be reintroduced - it's definitely much harder to control a standing crowd. I've been to Blackburn several times & it's impossible to sit down as all the fans stand for the whole of the match. Stewards look helpless & this gives the impression they are unable to apply any formal control whatsoever.
they have failed to control it since before we moved.

You,do realise that it's the council who are pushing the club to enforce the rules. As you say it's always been accepted that they will turn a blind eye to standing in certain blocks . Anything other than those and they have to act.
Oh and it's Steve McGrath

Been warned previously about standing and moved to second tier S stand a few years back and yesterday I couldn't see some of the game due to a steward stood all game in front of me.

Asked him to sit down and was told he had been instructed to stand by his superiors and would do all game

These fuckers incite fans and wish the club would take a closer look

There's a bit more "unnecessary" standing going on. Not sure why - we're the noisiest on our row of padded seats (only two of us singing) - but it's only this season that people have started standing when there's a decent City attack at our end and I now find it annoying. Don't mind away but at Everton we were stood behind the tallest guy in the ground!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.