City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until there is a total rethink on season ticket and matchday ticket prices at City, the stadium will never be full apart from the big matches. And even those matches aren't always full, even though they are sold out on the OS.

Unfortunately our sensible and justified complaints, or is 'concerns' a better word, are falling on deaf ears. Season after season we discuss and post about the same things. But season after season they are ignored by City and the opposite happens in the name of driving matchday revenue.

Only once since Sheikh Mansour bought City have season ticket and matchday tickets been frozen. 8 or 9 price rises. I stand corrected on that. Then block and row pricing was introduced. And fans have been moved here there and everywhere to accommodate new corporate areas and fans.

OK, City have introduced limited cheap season tickets. And have sold cheap tickets to fill the Etihad for certain cup games.

Honestly though, wouldn't it be great if City reviewed all season ticket and matchday ticket prices. Froze them, or even better reduced them to an all around affordable level. Now all the corporate areas are finished, it would be good if the fans were left alone, and were allowed to stay in the areas of the stadium they want to stay in, so they can build up friendships with other City fans around them. That improves the atmosphere as well.

Let's have a period in the clubs history where the fans are put first, instead of driving stadium and matchday revenue, which has been put first over the fans for the last few years. With TV and sponsorship money piling in, asking the fans to dip deeper again into their pockets shouldn't be a consideration in the coming years, let alone done.

Please!

Last edited:
Until there is a total rethink on season ticket and matchday ticket prices at City, the stadium will never be full apart from the big matches. And even those atches aren't always full, even though they are sold out on the OS.

Unfortunately our sensible and justified complaints, or is 'concerns' a better word, are falling on deaf ears. Season after season we discuss and post about the same things. But season after season they are ignored by City and the opposite happens in the name of driving matchday revenue.

Only once since Sheikh Mansour bought City have season ticket and matchday tickets been frozen. 8 or 9 price rises. I stand corrected on that. Then block and row pricing was introduced. And fans have been moved here there and everywhere to accommodate new corporate areas and fans.

OK, City have introduced limited cheap season tickets. And have sold cheap seats to fill the Etihad for certain cup games.

Honestly though, wouldn't it be great if City reviewed all season ticket and matchday ticket prices. Froze them, or even better reduced them to an all around affordable level. Now all the corporate areas are finished, it would be good if the fans were left alone, and we're allowed to stay in the areas of the stadium they want to stay in, so they can build up friendships with other City fans around them. That improves the atmosphere as well.

Let's have a period in the clubs history where the fans are put first, instead of driving stadium and matchday revenue, which has been put first over the fans for the last few years. With TV and sponsorship money piling in, asking the fans to dip deeper again into their pockets shouldn't be a consideration in the coming years, let alone done.

Please!

Excellent post

Until there is a total rethink on season ticket and matchday ticket prices at City, the stadium will never be full apart from the big matches. And even those atches aren't always full, even though they are sold out on the OS.

OK, City have introduced limited cheap season tickets. And have sold cheap seats to fill the Etihad for certain cup games.

Honestly though, wouldn't it be great if City reviewed all season ticket and matchday ticket prices. Froze them, or even better reduced them to an all around affordable level. Now all the corporate areas are finished, it would be good if the fans were left alone, and we're allowed to stay in the areas of the stadium they want to stay in, so they can build up friendships with other City fans around them. That improves the atmosphere as well.

Please!
Great post.

Until there is a total rethink on season ticket and matchday ticket prices at City, the stadium will never be full apart from the big matches. And even those matches aren't always full, even though they are sold out on the OS.

OK, City have introduced limited cheap season tickets. And have sold cheap tickets to fill the Etihad for certain cup games.

Honestly though, wouldn't it be great if City reviewed all season ticket and matchday ticket prices. Froze them, or even better reduced them to an all around affordable level. Now all the corporate areas are finished, it would be good if the fans were left alone, and were allowed to stay in the areas of the stadium they want to stay in, so they can build up friendships with other City fans around them. That improves the atmosphere as well.

Please!

Really good post, please put match going fans first!

I used to have one of those cheap season tickets. They made it a free for all at renewal time each season. I missed out one year and they wanted about 50% more for the same seat so I did not renew, so my custom was lost. I now pick and choose, if it is on TV I don't go. If I do go, ticket + travel costs , programme, a drink and something to eat and I am lucky to get change out of £85 and if its raining a good chance I am going to get pissed on. its a toss up sometimes as to whether to bother when I can stay at home and watch all matches on a dodgey TV channel.

I used to have one of those cheap season tickets. They made it a free for all at renewal time each season. I missed out one year and they wanted about 50% more for the same seat so I did not renew, so my custom was lost. I now pick and choose, if it is on TV I don't go. If I do go, ticket + travel costs , programme, a drink and something to eat and I am lucky to get change out of £85 and if its raining a good chance I am going to get pissed on. its a toss up sometimes as to whether to bother when I can stay at home and watch all matches on a dodgey TV channel.

Out of interest, when you buy your ticket several days/weeks in advance, how do you reliably know whether it’s going to rain or not?

Please!
Well said Sir -this should be read by whoever is in charge of the Seating arrangements at our club - Manchester City.
I got pissed of when they 'built' the Tunnel Club - CB Stand level one. - and there were 'handbags' in there when we played 'Pool - 2nd leg.

Total Rethink is required.

I agree, but another important point is that seated areas, and that includes safe standing areas, have a lower concentration of fans. Each step is deeper and the width of the seats is limited - so you are wrong about getting a few extra people on each row. One of the best atmospheres that I have experienced was standing on the Kippax for the 5-1 Charlton promotion game when there was just about room to breathe and every goal was followed by being swept forward several feet by the crowd.

48,542 - they were 'avin' a larf.......more like 55,000 - great day

The majority of our fan base is ageing and getting older. This is probably due to the wilderness years where a couple of generations of younger fans were lost to more successful teams.

Overcrowded shit unreliable transport links, queues, searches, idiotic stewarding, rising prices on a squeezed income are all going to impact on our attendance's. Most of these can be laughed off when you are young, fit and healthy and on the piss with a group of mates but as you age they get on your tits more and more.

Take all the above into consideration and add some foul weather and having paid for a ticket or not,the attraction to pay £6.99 for a sky 24 hour pass and watch 2-3 games on TV in the comfort of your own home is strong. Then there is illegal streaming to compete with also and the pubs.

I have no idea what the answer is but obviously if we stay being successful we will start to attract a new generation of younger fans. Instead of a family stand how about an under 25-30 stand with cheap tickets?

The majority of our fan base is ageing and getting older. This is probably due to the wilderness years where a couple of generations of younger fans were lost to more successful teams.

Overcrowded shit unreliable transport links, queues, searches, idiotic stewarding, rising prices on a squeezed income are all going to impact on our attendance's. Most of these can be laughed off when you are young, fit and healthy and on the piss with a group of mates but as you age they get on your tits more and more.

Take all the above into consideration and add some foul weather and having paid for a ticket or not,the attraction to pay £6.99 for a sky 24 hour pass and watch 2-3 games on TV in the comfort of your own home is strong. Then there is illegal streaming to compete with also and the pubs.

I have no idea what the answer is but obviously if we stay being successful we will start to attract a new generation of younger fans. Instead of a family stand how about an under 25-30 stand with cheap tickets?
Agree with this. Our fans' age-profile ( I am one of the old gits) is a factor. I have missed a few games due to health reasons in recent years and so have some of my pals. It's not just a season ticket price issue because most of the few empty seats are season ticket non-attenders. I think general admission should certainly be cheaper for younger fans. The TV deal should have a clause which forces all clubs to provide cheaper tickets. The money could be ringfenced and kept as low as £10 for under 25s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.