City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very simple. We do what Liverpool do and put away games to a ballot - 2 per person based on allocation.

That way, it's not always the same closed shop, getting decidedly older and nobody getting an opportunity.

20,000 'loyalty' points my arse.

I've been going for 38 years and have 9,000 'loyalty' points as I can only attend home games.

id agree to something like that. you are right away games have pretty much become a closed shop. if you are just starting out its near enough impossible to get tickets ( legitimately). people will say swansea away in the cup midweek, but most people can't practically do that and even then you'd have to do it for years to try and catch up. it could be a certain percentage of tickets go to ballot say 25% and then rest on loyal points ....

We'll agree to disagree on who is in the right.

I'm responding with practical solutions to concerns people have raised, and I am able to do so in a rational manner (not offering to fight someone at the next game).

What's your solution to the problem? I've not seen any alternative suggestion but I'm all ears.
Like it or not, there are a significant number of season ticket holders who have a significant travel to attend a match. I'm talking 100's of miles round trip and in many cases associated overnight stay. It only takes a few weeks of bad weather, a couple of matches missed because of holidays or sickness and a couple of games missed because they have moved dates and you suddenly have sold your six tickets on the ticket exchange. If shit happens after that, there is no guarantee that you will be able to pass your ticket on to another blue who lives nearby. The six ticket limit is just daft and creates empty seats. I think anyone that is travelling 3,4,5 hundred miles round trip is doing bloody well if they are getting to 13 games per season, particularly if they are attending cup games on top of that.

I’ve always said it needs to be on a ten year rolling basis. Those still going every week would be no worse off.

And I say that as someone will 11,000 loyalty points who’s only made one game in five years (so it would be the likes of me that would be punished by a rolling period).

I like the buy a corporate table and you get what you want system. Good afternoon swp. Hope it is packed on Sunday. Ps spoke to someone this week on the Etihad campus. Things are very busy on working on the developments between ancoats and the Etihad. In 15 years the investment group will own large sections of what will effectively be city centre from ancoats (around royal mills and through the current retail park, holte town and through the university campus) - it will be very Melbourne like. The new stand is 100 percent happening and I believe they want it done while Pep is still here.

Take someone else you tight ****.

It’s a kiddies and my tight arse mates (part timers)won’t pay for the upgrade (as it’s on the tele) so what can I do....

Unless I kidnap a child and force him to attend to avoid the empty seat so people aren’t offended by the plastic.

Me and my dad are fatties so we can fill the three seats. Nobody will ever know on the tele.

The Club needs to make a policy decision:

1. Is the objective to maximise revenue? If so, keep the ground and prices roughly as they are, maybe increase corporate entertainment with demand. Increase admission charges where demand allows, cut where demand is low.

2. Does the club want more atmosphere, and more people in the ground? If so, cut prices - generally, but especially one-off admission to "less attractive games", make the ground a lot bigger, invest whatever it takes to improve transport links.

It can't have it both ways. The demand curve at this time is not strong enough as we do not attract enough tourists, plastics or corporates.
This is one of the biggest hindrances to attendances and early leavers at our ground.

The transport system and infrastructure to and from the ground is fucking APPALLING!

You can only imagine that nobody at the club has to endure it, they probably all park over at the CFA, cosy up at the ground for a few hours then get a nice clear run home. So they don’t bother looking any further than changing the traffic lights signalling for improvements to it because t doesn’t affect them. Meanwhile the fan base endures the travelling to and from the ground.

It’s honestly frustrating getting to and from the ground!

TfGM/MCC/the Govt has seriously underinvested and let us all down in this area of the city (let’s be honest the whole conurbation lacks good public transport!) So City should take it into their own hands.

Come on City, you know it makes sense! It would do wonders to improving everything to do with going to the game.

The only solution for ALL away fans is for clubs to be forced to provide bigger allocations. This is the only fair way to enable younger fans to get tickets without penalising the regular old-timers. In Germany big clubs get much bigger allocations, often five or six thousand tickets. There should be a minimum capacity for the Premier League of 30,000. Bournemouth have already had three years of huge TV money without upgrading their stadium.
It is ridiculous that clubs are turning away customers. For Derby matches we and the Rags should give each other at least 6000 tickets. This sort of arrangement happens for the Old Firm. It would also boost atmospheres and lead to larger crowds and bigger stadiums everywhere.

This is one of the biggest hindrances to attendances and early leavers at our ground.

The transport system and infrastructure to and from the ground is fucking APPALLING!

You can only imagine that nobody at the club has to endure it, they probably all park over at the CFA, cosy up at the ground for a few hours then get a nice clear run home. So they don’t bother looking any further than changing the traffic lights signalling for improvements to it because t doesn’t affect them. Meanwhile the fan base endures the travelling to and from the ground.

TfGM/MCC/the Govt has seriously underinvested and let us all down in this area of the city (let’s be honest the whole conurbation lacks good public transport!) So City should take it into their own hands.

Come on City, you know it makes sense! It would do wonders to improving everything to do with going to the game.
Agree. That Metrolink service after the games is truly shocking, and I have the fast pass season ticket as well. Herded on like cattle whilst piss wet through, shouted at by the staff and then a single unit every 15-20 mins. 3 trams to Chorlton. Complete shite.

It’s a kiddies and my tight arse mates (part timers)won’t pay for the upgrade (as it’s on the tele) so what can I do....

Unless I kidnap a child and force him to attend to avoid the empty seat so people aren’t offended by the plastic.

Me and my dad are fatties so we can fill the three seats. Nobody will ever know on the tele.
Haha. Fair enough.

Not sure how much City can take into their own hands when it comes to roads and public transport problems.

Sir I applaud you they are my sentiments exactly, you should send that to the powers that be at the club.

The infrastructure is the reason I have given up completely on midweek night matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.