City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir I applaud you they are my sentiments exactly, you should send that to the powers that be at the club.

The infrastructure is the reason I have given up completely on midweek night matches.

Me too.whoever idea it was to have the trams go on the same road as the buses use, which is the same road as cars use which is the same bit of road that the frustrated fans walk down wants shooting. It’s no good having 4 different ways of getting back into town if all 4 use the same bit of fuckin road.

I like the buy a corporate table and you get what you want system. Good afternoon swp. Hope it is packed on Sunday. Ps spoke to someone this week on the Etihad campus. Things are very busy on working on the developments between ancoats and the Etihad. In 15 years the investment group will own large sections of what will effectively be city centre from ancoats (around royal mills and through the current retail park, holte town and through the university campus) - it will be very Melbourne like. The new stand is 100 percent happening and I believe they want it done while Pep is still here.

If Pep stays for 4 seasons then they will need to start developing the stand this summer to be ready for his final season.

So the fans who have been going to away games for years miss out? Seems extremely unfair to me.

How would you like it if all home match tickets went to a ballot regardless of how long you had been going? you would be a bit sick if you missed out on the big high demand games.

The loyalty points system is the fairest way of allocating tickets, admittedly it does appear that some abuse it and the club should stamp this out and remove points from the culprits.

Difference being, there are only 3,000 tickets allocated for away games, whereas why would we need a ballot for home games when there are almost 20 times the seats available?

We don't even have that type of demand where your suggesting of a home ballot would ever happen.

Fact is those lads who have been going away for years are only able to do so because it's a closed shop, they are the only ones able to accumulate further loyalty points, regardless of the fact there are maybe five or six thousand other people who would like to go to away games but will forever be stuck on the type of points that can never hope to get close to the current criteria.

Here's a question in response, who goes to the away games in the years to come when they all die off, do City then suddenly have to drop the criteria down to 10k points?

It's an I'm alright Jack mentality, a cosy club, based on nothing more than how deep your pockets and disposable income are.

From the ages of 16 to 21, I never missed an single way game in any competition, I feel sorry for the younger lads who have no chance these days to enjoy a day out at Old Trafford, simply because someone had the accident of being born 20 years before them.

I’ve always said it needs to be on a ten year rolling basis. Those still going every week would be no worse off.

And I say that as someone will 11,000 loyalty points who’s only made one game in five years (so it would be the likes of me that would be punished by a rolling period).
No issues with a rolling period fort he points, provided it was based over a reasonable base line and not just one or two seasons.

being honest i havent time to read all thread but some saying season tickets shouldnt be cheaper because more people will be inclined to pick and chose games to attend is just amazing i bet the price fixers just love that on next power point on why tickets have increased

Not sure how much City can take into their own hands when it comes to roads and public transport problems.
It’s a difficult one isn’t it?

But there is a lot of derelict land between Town and the Campus. A lot of t is being snapped up for future developments but if we got in there quickly I’m sure we’d be able to to something.

What about a monorail between the Campus and Town? Get City, ADUG, other sponsors, TfGM, MCC, Metrolink, other outside investors, even Media City and United all involved and run it from Media City in the West and Etihad Campus in the East, going through Town.

The same but an underground. There was once a Pic-Vic underground planned; again, why not a Media City - Etihad Campus one? Look at CrossRail in London...

Neither have to interact with existing roads and Metrolink lines.

It’s 2018, something can be done.

This conurbation has around 2.7m people in it and 7.5m people live within an hour’s drive. There are around 50000 people living within walking distance of that line I’ve just talked of (Media City to Etihad Campus). And 75000 and 55000 people turning up to games at stadiums at either end of it. The major meeting point is the city centre for both grounds where 25000 people already live.

What we have now is not fit for purpose.

Expanding the North Stand will only make everything worse with regards to transport. So, as a priority, the transport should be sorted first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too.whoever idea it was to have the trams go on the same road as the buses use, which is the same road as cars use which is the same bit of road that the frustrated fans walk down wants shooting. It’s no good having 4 different ways of getting back into town if all 4 use the same bit of fuckin road.
Spot on!

Absolutely terrible planning, sackable offence planning in fact!

Difference being, there are only 3,000 tickets allocated for away games, whereas why would we need a ballot for home games when there are almost 20 times the seats available?

We don't even have that type of demand where your suggesting of a home ballot would ever happen.

Fact is those lads who have been going away for years are only able to do so because it's a closed shop, they are the only ones able to accumulate further loyalty points, regardless of the fact there are maybe five or six thousand other people who would like to go to away games but will forever be stuck on the type of points that can never hope to get close to the current criteria.

Here's a question in response, who goes to the away games in the years to come when they all die off, do City then suddenly have to drop the criteria down to 10k points?

It's an I'm alright Jack mentality, a cosy club, based on nothing more than how deep your pockets and disposable income are.

From the ages of 16 to 21, I never missed an single way game in any competition, I feel sorry for the younger lads who have no chance these days to enjoy a day out at Old Trafford, simply because someone had the accident of being born 20 years before them.

Okay so you don't understand the analogy. your problem not mine.
If the criteria drop, so be it, those with less points get to go.
so the points system is based on deep pockets and disposable income, Not the purchase of tickets and attending matches? Tell me how to 'buy' some points then?
So the person who was born 20 years earlier will die earlier, and give the others access to tickets and years of fantastic football, rather than the pish we have had to put up with over many years.

It’s a difficult one isn’t it?

But there is a lot of derelict land between Town and the Campus. A lot of t is being snapped up for future developments but if we got in there quickly I’m sure we’d be able to to something.

What about a monorail between the Campus and Town? Get City, ADUG, other sponsors, TfGM, MCC, Metrolink, other outside investors, even Media City and United all involved and run it from Media City in the West and Etihad Campus in the East, going through Town.

The same but an underground. There was once a Pic-Vic underground planned; again, why not a Media City - Etihad Campus one? Look at CrossRail in London...

Neither have to interact with existing roads and Metrolink lines.

It’s 2018, something can be done.

This conurbation has around 2.7m people in it and 7.5m people live within an hour’s drive. There are around 50000 people living within walking distance of that line I’ve just talked of (Media City to Etihad Campus). And 75000 and 55000 people turning up to games at stadiums at either end of it. The major meeting point is the city centre for both grounds where 25000 people already live.

What we have now is not fit for purpose.

Expanding the North Stand will only make everything worse with regards to transport. So, as a priority, the transport should be sorted first.
Im sure there are lots of solutions and outside the box ideas to fix the problems , the only issue is it needs all interested parties to to get involved and would probably need to be council and ADUG led. I don't think there is a lot the club on its own can do. Hopefully when we see the campus plans transport will be part of their joined up thinking

Area wasn't built for trams though only option is for it to cross the road near holt town on merril st

There is space with the houses gone and if you pulled the mitchel down to widen merril st to accomodate both and link pollard st

what we need is a train station on the redundent line near the mercedes garage, and taxi boats on the canal as there is no locks between the squash centre and great ancoats st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.