City to play Girona on the 15th August

Emailed my hotel where I am on holiday that day to find out how much it would cost for me to get there - about 65euro each way in a taxi. Can't get train as doesn't run late.
130 travel + 20 for ticket.
150euro and half a day of a week's holiday lost is a bit too much for a friendly for my liking.

We're playing Rotherham in the Checkatrade trophy on the same night, so you'd assume it will be first teamers facing Girona. Probably those that don't play against Brighton.

Hoping to go to this; we're camping between Barcelona and Girona on the coast. Already got tickets for the charity shield type game on the 13th at the Nou Camp, which is Barca v Real; couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the Girona v City game too. Any ticket news?

We're playing Rotherham in the Checkatrade trophy on the same night, so you'd assume it will be first teamers facing Girona. Probably those that don't play against Brighton.
Also, it's still mid August so we might easily still have here Mangala, Nasri, Denayer, Roberts etc. even if we offload them later.

Why not. 9 days in between Brighton and Everton games. Only a short trip for the players. Getting a few extra minutes in the legs for the ones who need it. Or help the new players to gell a bit extra. Or both. Nice gesture to Girona and our players who are based there.
An injury can happen on the trainingpitch as easily. Ask the player and he'd prefer a friendly anytime over training. So again ...why not.

Why not. 9 days in between Brighton and Everton games. Only a short trip for the players. Getting a few extra minutes in the legs for the ones who need it. Or help the new players to gell a bit extra. Or both. Nice gesture to Girona and our players who are based there.
An injury can happen on the trainingpitch as easily. Ask the player and he'd prefer a friendly anytime over training. So again ...why not.

May even be a degree or two hotter than balmy Manc if they're very lucky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.