City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

Maybe if you turn up and comment and give praise after 30 wins from 33 games more people might give a shit what you think rather than jumping on the first iffy game like a bad smell?

Happy pills are not needed, just some balance and perspective.
They are coming out of the woodwork aren’t they? What’s funny is they have probably been waiting a very long time to do so but because we’re unbeaten they haven’t. I suppose winning 2-1 is as close as they feel they might get this season so they’re going for it.
Imagine “not posted for a while” types not posting during arguably our best season (football wise) to date. They can’t be genuine blues if they can’t enjoy what we’ve been watching lately.

A lot of their fans are like that.

I don't know if you know about it but they bought our star striker Matty Taylor for £300k (we got him on a free). Basically we had just had 2 promotions and were doing well last season. Matty Taylor and Lee Johnson have the same agents and they found out about a £300k release clause in his contract and waited until the last day of the window to poach him from us. As much to stop us from progressing as them wanting him. They then paraded the signing over facebook with a facebook live on their social media pages with Matty Taylor - #WelcomeToBristol splashed everywhere and their coaches goading us on social media about it.

The club and their fanbase is so lacking in class off the pitch. Credit where it is due on it at the moment though.

I think it’s a red thing mate.

The likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and United are all self-entitled and obnoxious to others in the Prem.

There’s something about the colour that brings out the worst in people.

I was working last night so watched it after work. After listening to reports before I watched it, I thought BC had matched us in all depts. But on seeing it, city were just wasteful in final 3rd and they threw bodies in front of shots, which was expected. On another night we could won by 3, but alas it wasn't to be. Media saying they did not park bus, well that was one big size bus second half if I've ever seen one. A few players not at there best, but they are playing 3 times a week at mo and it will take its toll. But another win and we march on.
Well said, to be fair though, unlike many teams this season they did at least try for large parts of the game, all credit to them for that.

The second leg should be interesting, plus had we won 5-0 it just wouldn't have been city, we like to keep it interesting.

Fuck me....
Not a good performance but we got the win. Can I remind everyone of the siuation?
Top of the league by a MILE
Won the champions league group comfortably
One game away from Wembley

Grow up you sad bastards!!!
When we actually win one or two or even three of above my days of being a sad bastard will be well and truly over

Dear oh Fucking Dear!
Stones has no one but himself to blame
You can’t blame bravo for stones giving away the penalty or miss kicking v Burnley but it’s obvious if you watch that the whole defence is so much more calmer and organised when ederson plays. That might be more to do with ederson being so good but if you actually watch the games bravo causes panic. I’ve been sticking up for bravo for a year, but I’m sorry he’s not good enough.

In what way was Yaya awful? I saw him sat in midfield, always showing for the ball and nearly always finding a blue shirt.

Mangala and Stones both fucked up for the penalty but that aside, were hardly the disaster being painted by some on here.

Yaya is still a great instinctive footballer with the ball at his feet (like Rooney)
However he failed last night on numerous occasions to make himself any space to receive the ball. The number of times he was stood in the centre circle five yards ahead of our centre halves waiting for the ball, but the two front players for Bristol had cut that pass off. He also hasn't the legs to get up and down the pitch

I totally agree with you regards Mangala and Stones. If anything it was our forward players who really messed up by making the wrong decisions time and time again

Reading some of these posts is embarrassing anyone would have thought we'd lost,ffs give your head's a wobble you sound like spoilt children we have no Divine right to turn every one over 5_0 can't you just show your support instead of whinging like some fans down the road not to far from here

Spot, and indeed, on.
Came on here last night to read loads of whinging, slagging players off and general mard-arsery. Anyone with half a brain that follows football should've known Bristol City would give us a game yet they mouth off because we didn't stroll through the game and bang 8 in.

I travelled to Newcastle and Palace at Christmas, but whilst suffering from a heavy bout of bronchitis I’ve somehow managed to miss three consecutive home games for the first time since the late 70s.Apologies if that makes me sound like a complete wanker for staying away, but instead I’ve had to watch from a television angle.

Last night was interesting for all sorts of reasons, especially when compared to tonight’s guaranteed obsession with the new VAR technology, which couldn’t be used for our game because Ashton Gate doesn’t have the required number of cameras. for the 2nd leg.

The referee missed a blatant penalty for an off-the-ball rugby tackle on John Stones. It was referenced by the commentary team, but gradually forgotten, particularly when the culprit (who had earlier escaped a yellow card for a bad challenge on Stones) eventually emerged as Man of the March.

Secondly, Bernardo executed three clever reverse passes in the first 15 minutes, but on each occasion, the recipient miscontrolled, and the chance was lost. Bernardo is still struggling for an overall impact, but he’s definitely got an eye for a pass.

I thought Zinchenko worked hard, but long term, I’m not convinced that Guardiola sees a role for him, either at wing back, or as a left sided midfielder. Instead, he might be shipped-on for a tidy profit.

Barring a calamitous implosion, we’ll be league champions by mid April. However, without Mendy and Jesus, we still look too lightweight to make a wider impact. Sanchez would offer our attack more penetrating options, but our lack of fit, and trustworthy central defensive cover is frightening, particularly if we beat Basel and then draw Barca or PSG.

As for the League Cup, I hope we win it for Bravo, because without his magnificence against Wolves, we wouldn't be anywhere near.

Spot, and indeed, on.
Came on here last night to read loads of whinging, slagging players off and general mard-arsery. Anyone with half a brain that follows football should've known Bristol City would give us a game yet they mouth off because we didn't stroll through the game and bang 8 in.
Pisses me of pal it's the same old whinging bastard's doing it every time if they have nothing constructive to say why do they not just stay of the forum and play on there x box's

lets get one thing straight Bravo. Danilo. Mangala. Zinchenko. Y Touré. Gündogan. Bernardo Silva. don't start games like semi finals at home if we did not have a 2nd leg to play and liverpool at the weekend yes football is a squad game and they need game time too and should be good enough to beat bristol city on any given day

but lets not forget bristol city its a game of the lifetime for some of there players a semi final of a major competition at the etihad what more do you need to rise and play out of your skin. the media are missing the point here manchester city vs bristol city is a league cup semi final and its going to be game on even if we played with the main starting line up its still game on

now this morning in the media its like manchester city have lost and out of the league cup. ok you give credit to them and they did play really well but they lost the game this is how far manchester city have come when winning the first leg of the league cup semi final with the squad that the media keep bring up about the cost of building this team and we win the game and somehow the media are turning it around and reporting something else

lets see in 2 weeks time and if pep lets the big boys play and bristol city want to play and take on man city under the pressure of there home fans the one thing is we will not defend and we will score so they will need 3 to win the game in 90mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.