City v Celtic - Pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the sense in playing a weakened team and I'd like to see what some of the young players can do but after 4 home games without a win I want to see a team capable of winning comfortably and giving everyone a lift

......... Gunn...............
Maffeo...Stones...Tosin.....Angelino
......Fernando.......Dinho......
Navas..........................Sane
.........Kelechi.....Kun.......

I can see the sense in playing a weakened team and I'd like to see what some of the young players can do but after 4 home games without a win I want to see a team capable of winning comfortably and giving everyone a lift

I think Aguero and Fernandinho will play given they are not playing in the league for a while. And prob Sane gets another game after doing pretty well yesterday.

EDIT: not Fernandinho, as just remembered he got a red card for walking past an opponent in Gladbach

Great opportunity to play some of the young players , but would also play Aguero as a punishment for his daft tackle , GUNN - MAFFEO , STONES , ADEBAIYO , ANGELINO - SANE , GARCIA , FERNANDO , NOLITO - IHEANCHO , AGUERO and fill the bench with the likes of Diaz and few other EDS players , we might even see Delph get a few minutes , funnier things have happened. Would be surprised if Brenda goes full strength (unless its Tennents) for this one.

No point playing youngsters if they aren't going to be in the first team for the rest of the season. We need to sort the defence out, big time. Making wholesale changes isn't going to do that, rotate the team by all means but I wouldn't play all the youngsters in this and perhaps hanging them out to dry in the biggest club competition in the world. Even though it's a dead rubber it will be embarrassing to lose at home to a Scottish team.

No point playing youngsters if they aren't going to be in the first team for the rest of the season. We need to sort the defence out, big time. Making wholesale changes isn't going to do that, rotate the team by all means but I wouldn't play all the youngsters in this and perhaps hanging them out to dry in the biggest club competition in the world. Even though it's a dead rubber it will be embarrassing to lose at home to a Scottish team.

fair point , but i don't think one match will cure our defence , two more transfer windows and we might have a chance

when do you play them then ?

when do you play them then ?

Rotate a few players out here and there. I am not against rotation but against wholesale changes. There will be opportunities for the youngsters to get minutes over Christmas when the games come thick and fast and hopefully we are playing better. The Celtic game is a welcome opportunity to attempt to get things right and work with what we have in the first team. Also with Celtic being a British team the game is not just your run of the mill CL last group game dead rubber. We need to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.