City v Hull post match

Must admit, I find Zabaleta's continued exclusion from the team odd. Presumably he's fit if he's on the bench.

Since pep has moved kola to centre back and navas to right back, could we move bravo to left back and try zaba in goal?

3104.jpg

From the Guardian

Must admit, I find Zabaleta's continued exclusion from the team odd. Presumably he's fit if he's on the bench.

Could it have something to do with his supposed move to West Ham?

At the moment Pep seems to be giving preference, or final chances, to fringe players whose future is uncertain.

Talk about giving a dog a bad name. Bravo played very well on Saturday. He could do little about the goal. Stones unsighted him an got a slight deflection. Navas had a really good game, for a long time now people have moaned about the poor quality of his crosses and now he has supplied. His defending is getting better. I do like the way Pep is trying players in different positions. Kolorov is proving to be quite a competent CB.

Silva was brilliant again. MoD said so therefore he must be good but will not get a mention on any Player of the Seaon panel because he doesn't wear a red shirt.

Talk about giving a dog a bad name. Bravo played very well on Saturday. He could do little about the goal. Stones unsighted him an got a slight deflection. Navas had a really good game, for a long time now people have moaned about the poor quality of his crosses and now he has supplied. His defending is getting better. I do like the way Pep is trying players in different positions. Kolorov is proving to be quite a competent CB.

Silva was brilliant again. MoD said so therefore he must be good but will not get a mention on any Player of the Seaon panel because he doesn't wear a red shirt.

I agree with all that. From our eyrie in the sky (323) I didn't have a clue how Hull Hoofers scored. There were two City shirts directly in line with the ball, the scorer and Bravo. He can't have had a sighting of it until it was on him. 'Tis unfortunate, and a little mysterious that seemingly every goal he concedes has a certain 'public house' characteristic to it! But some of his distribution would have matched the approach shots to the green at The Masters. I always think he has a 'wedge' or a 'sand iron' strapped to his foot. His distribution on Saturday was superb.

Still at times takes ages to attack the opponents at times maybe tis is down to the age of the team. However there was at times when a quick break against Hull would have torn them apart but no, we have to slow it down, and barely score a goal, I am talking about Sergio's goal, which only went in via 2 deflections.

I murmured, "God, he's let it in again!" when Hull scored and I've watched it several times since. It has to be said that several City players should have red faces about that goal, not just Bravo. It was certainly one of those scruffy goals that happen not too infrequently and lead to a humorous comment or two and that's all. Bravo is the victim of his record here and it's true that he has had a very poor season. If Saturday were a single,isolated occurrence we'd all forget, but it isn't. We mustn't forget, however,that Claudio, had a good game (apar....). He had used his hands to good effect and I wish pundits would stop saying that he's good with his feet- he's actually good at providing what we used to call a "spare man at the back " to receive the ball and get us moving forward, which was a weakness of Joe's. So Pep's support of his 'keeper is not without foundation. But Pep doesn't demand less of his 'keeper than other managers, he demands more- he wants a 'keeper AND a footballer", and this might be what cuts Bravo's career at City short.

I murmured, "God, he's let it in again!" when Hull scored and I've watched it several times since. It has to be said that several City players should have red faces about that goal, not just Bravo. It was certainly one of those scruffy goals that happen not too infrequently and lead to a humorous comment or two and that's all. Bravo is the victim of his record here and it's true that he has had a very poor season. If Saturday were a single,isolated occurrence we'd all forget, but it isn't. We mustn't forget, however,that Claudio, had a good game (apar....). He had used his hands to good effect and I wish pundits would stop saying that he's good with his feet- he's actually good at providing what we used to call a "spare man at the back " to receive the ball and get us moving forward, which was a weakness of Joe's. So Pep's support of his 'keeper is not without foundation. But Pep doesn't demand less of his 'keeper than other managers, he demands more- he wants a 'keeper AND a footballer", and this might be what cuts Bravo's career at City short.
I feel sorry for Bravo. At Barca he never had much to do most games - more space to deliver his impressive range of passes. He's not used to the lesser teams getting in his face and targeting him as the weak link in the team. In fairness, Neuer's the same - whenever he faces decent opposition who pressure him he always concedes - often soft goals. Joe has six more international clean sheets than Neuer in six fewer games behind an infinitely weaker defence for the most part over many years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.