City V QPR Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kupest said:
Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Milner, Fernandinho, Lampard, Silva, Aguero
Very interesting.

Do I detect a more pragmatic Manuel? Minimising changes and seemingly abandoning 442? I like this formation but I would have played Yaya ahead of Lampard. Perhaps Manuel is also sending a none to subtle message to Yaya.

karen7 said:
Good choice to leave the team unchanged

I would have started Navas over Lampard myself.

Lampard is done and showed it last time out. The more we start him the more I think it is an attempt at a showcase so the issues at NYCFC can be mitigated and he can go there as the saviour of their season. His inclusion makes no sense to me otherwise—he has been more a traffic cone than a player as of late.

Probably in the minority there, though.

Whilst i'm pleased he's named an unchanged team and stuck with 4-5-1 it's pissing me off equally as much because it's what we've been crying out for all season yet only when the league is lost does he switch to it and not change the team every week for no reason other than rotation.

CITY: Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, Lampard, Silva, Aguero.

I hope Frank can Up his game today

ninjamonkey said:
Whilst i'm pleased he's named an unchanged team and stuck with 4-5-1 it's pissing me off equally as much because it's what we've been crying out for all season yet only when the league is lost does he switch to it and not change the team every week for no reason other than rotation.

Big factor here is that in the past he had big names/egos to manage. Now that several of them are on their bike he can focus less on upsetting them or their agents.

SebastianBlue said:
karen7 said:

Lampard is done and showed it last time out. The more we start him the more I think it is an attempt at a showcase so the issues at NYCFC can be mitigated and he can go there as the saviour of their season. His inclusion makes no sense to me otherwise—he has been more a traffic cone than a player as of late.

Don't disagree at all but to many times he has changed the team and it rarely worked and i think has been one of our biggest problems and one of mp's faults

SebastianBlue said:
karen7 said:

That's two of us in the minority, then.
Furthermore, all we need is Sir Joseph to launch himself at Lampard's kneecap and the public relations fall out would be horrendous. There's absolutely no upside in still hanging onto the guy, let alone playing him. Let him pop over to NY and settle in whilst awaiting his official signing for the American club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.