City v Saints post match

Clatt's might just have been the boy to make that controversial decision methinks!!!
Seriously? Referees aren't interested in time wasting, unless the result spoils their accumulator. They'll book the odd token player to show they're "in command", but that's it. I remember one match last season when we took the lead near the end and (ahem) "slowed the game down", and the referee was telling our players to get on with it! For the previous 75 minutes he was quite content to let them do the same thing without saying a dicky bird.

I'm no tactical genius but dosnt playing 3 at the back just give bravo one less option /target when he wants to play out from the back?
Thinking as stones passed back central for the goal instead of to the right back
Also why has fernandinho stopped dropping to pick the ball from bravo ?
The mini slump seems to have coincided with giving sane and gundaguan more game time and dropping nolito who has been one of our better players ?
Makes sense to me

It seems you are questioning the idea that we will correct this, is that the case ?

We are fucked basically ?

If not, why the question ?

1) Have you seen any signs that Pep has put any learnings into practice
2) The players seem to agree with peps "were not good enough"statement. We've not won since he made it.
3) Not if we learn & quickly. We've pissed away a 5 point advantage in 3 games
4) What ?

I'm no tactical genius but dosnt playing 3 at the back just give bravo one less option /target when he wants to play out from the back?
Thinking as stones passed back central for the goal instead of to the right back
Also why has fernandinho stopped dropping to pick the ball from bravo ?
The mini slump seems to have coincided with giving sane and gundaguan more game time and dropping nolito who has been one of our better players ?

Quite like Gundogan as a player but him coming into the team does seem to have had a detrimental effect in some regards. When Fern was on his tod it was working perfectly with him dropping into the middle as the centre halves split and the full backs came in-field. It made the pitch appear massive with loads of space all over the shop. Both Silva & De Bruyne were also playing brilliantly when deeper. Having an extra body in the field makes the pitch suddenly appear cluttered.

Given the players we have I also don't think three at the back works for us. Our back four was basically a back two + Fern at the start of the season. A back three negates the need for Fern to drop so again leaves less space in the mid, which is especially exacerbated if Gundogen starts in there as well.

A back three works well with attacking wing-backs coming from deep, our back three has wide men who are too far forward too soon.

Go back to a back four / two, let Fern drop in, bring back Silva & De Bruyne, and Robert's your proverbial uncle

Bravo was definitely in the game a lot less yesterday than he is when we have 4 at the back.

Seriously? Referees aren't interested in time wasting, unless the result spoils their accumulator. They'll book the odd token player to show they're "in command", but that's it. I remember one match last season when we took the lead near the end and (ahem) "slowed the game down", and the referee was telling our players to get on with it! For the previous 75 minutes he was quite content to let them do the same thing without saying a dicky bird.

Forster was booked after the 90th minute was up for something he had been doing since the tenth minute. Timewasting is a mandatory yellow card but refs just allow it go on, and on, and on until around the 87th minute we get the token gesture. Instead of farting about with the laws of the game that allows kick offs to be kicked backwards now, we should stipulate that a goalkeeper has a specified MAXIMUM time to put the ball in play or it reverts to a corner for the attacking side. 'Tis the only thing I can think of that will get goalkeeping sluggards to get their arses in gear. I can just imagine a beleaguered centre back having a sympathetic word for a goalie when he has to traipse back twenty yards into his own goal area to defend another corner. Same goes for throw ins! But not penalties!!!

Quite like Gundogan as a player but him coming into the team does seem to have had a detrimental effect in some regards. When Fern was on his tod it was working perfectly with him dropping into the middle as the centre halves split and the full backs came in-field. It made the pitch appear massive with loads of space all over the shop. Both Silva & De Bruyne were also playing brilliantly when deeper. Having an extra body in the field makes the pitch suddenly appear cluttered.

Given the players we have I also don't think three at the back works for us. Our back four was basically a back two + Fern at the start of the season. A back three negates the need for Fern to drop so again leaves less space in the mid, which is especially exacerbated if Gundogen starts in there as well.

A back three works well with attacking wing-backs coming from deep, our back three has wide men who are too far forward too soon.

Go back to a back four / two, let Fern drop in, bring back Silva & De Bruyne, and Robert's your proverbial uncle
Agree with that yesterday bravo had 3 options of playing it out ,with nothing on the right side,where as with the back 4 he was getting 5 options with fern dropping between the centre half's.not sure many English teams have won anything playing with a back 3 tho quite a lot have tried it and ditched it after a few games.
Although Vinny was rusty as you would expect he looked really uncomfortable with all the side foot passing ,and I think him reverting to conventional defender caught stones out a bit as Vinny pushed up instead of him dropping off for the goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.