City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the limited possibility of coming away with something from Madrid is worth gambling third or fourth place for today. Southampton are not patsies and we want a win. Zabs, Mangala and Kol - probably. But leaving out Aguero and the like? Nope. Judicious subs when the game is won would be fine.

Certainly don't want Bony starting.

We simply have to rest players for the Champions league Semi, this team should certainly have enough to compete with Southampton, the score could go either way but same could be said if we played outer strongest 11.

I dread seeing Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho, Fernando et al in the line up today

Let's hope Leicester beat the rags and we can get some sort of result!

1440659_Manchester_City.jpg

I don't believe the limited possibility of coming away with something from Madrid is worth gambling today. Southampton are not patsies and we want a win.
So what is the point in being in the cl if we aint gona give it our all to get to the final when we are in the semis? Following your your logic.....why do we play our best players in the earlier rounds of cl? May as well just play the kids from the get go and same the first team for pl games only.

We simply have to rest players for the Champions league Semi, this team should certainly have enough to compete with Southampton, the score could go either way but same could be said if we played outer strongest 11.

I dread seeing Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho, Fernando et al in the line up today

youre relying on us to winning the champions league to get a place in next years competition then

we havent beaten a team in the top 7 and yet you think we can beat a southampton team playing at home with this team. yaya in a defencive two, bony leading the line. a young lad on his first full debut against shane long and co. i think you are living in a dream world unless of course you want us to lose today.

So what is the point in being in the cl if we aint gona give it our all to get to the final when we are in the semis? Following your your logic.....why do we play our best players in the earlier rounds of cl? May as well just play the kids from the get go and same the first team for pl games only.

Because it's not worth the gamble of CL next season. By all means give it a go on Wednesday, but not at the expense of Thursday night football next season.

Edited to add:

Bony has been awful and it's just magical thinking to gamble CL next season on that ending.

Think someone else mentioned.David Faupala who scored at Chelsea,but cannot see pell starting 2 youngsters(1 on the bench)for this,

This is so important this game. I've seen us so many times make changes like some of the suggested above and they just don't turn up but obviously we have the champs league to think about.

Hart
Zabaleta otto mangala Kolarov
Fernando Delph
Navas Nasri Sterling
Aguero

Hopefully this team can get us the 3 points and make some early subs.

This is so important this game. I've seen us so many times make changes like some of the suggested above and they just don't turn up but obviously we have the champs league to think about.

Hart
Zabaleta otto mangala Kolarov
Fernando Delph
Navas Nasri Sterling
Aguero

Hopefully this team can get us the 3 points and make some early subs.

I just can't see him playing aguero today. Think bony will start.

We have to win this game, or at least get a draw. Unfortunately we haven't secured a CL place yet and face Arsenal next week. We have no choice but to put out our strongest team, and hopefully we will get a win and come through it injury free? We've seen what happens when Peller's makes changes to the team. Unfortunately for us Southampton are in good form and have a good home record. Not the match I would have picked before the away leg in Madrid. Get a win or a draw Today, and beat Arsenal next Week, and we're pretty much guaranteed a CL place next season. On the plus side, United play Leicester Today and West Ham away next Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.