City v Sporting Kansas City 23rd July

City Raider said:
even if we sign nigerian kid won't he have to be loaned out due to foreign player squad limits?
U21 so dont have to be registered i think, so doesn't take up a place. and when he begins to take up place as a 21 year old then he is classed as homegrown.

jimbopm said:
Interesting that Iheanacho and Zuculini have flown out with the main squad rather than the EDS.

Pellegrini obviously thinks they are a cut above.

Zuculini is 21 he was never going to be playing with the EDS anyway

Instant_Offense said:
NoahCity said:
Actually thought Fernando did well.

No idea how you saw this. Quiet would be a generous description.
Didn't see game but isn't Fernando a true out and out breaker of play? Alla De Jong? If so, these players come to the attention when the team is under real and sustained pressure through the middle, I.e. the better sides.

Instant_Offense said:
SebastianBlue said:
Instant_Offense said:
In fairness, the American providing color commentary appears precisely as informed as my American Bulldog.

And that substitution was 30 mill worth of midfielder. Also known as more than Yaya or what Real paid for Kroos.

They keep speaking of City as if we have our starting eleven out.

When they speak of us at all. This type of wanton slobbering over an MLS team would never occur if one of the 'big teams' were playing.
Interesting. The consensus in the official match thread was that the commentary team was rather complimentary of us and that they did a good job of in-game analysis despite confusing two players on an offside trap.

As far as Nacho (love him!) it appears Nigerian laws or something prevent him from signing officially until October.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.