City v Sporting Kansas City 23rd July

Iheancho reminds me of Balotelli,I mean a side foot along the floor from outside the box...watching some of his youtube footage also adds strength to my view.

Just watched it and like all friendlies, it's wrong to read too much positive or negative into it. Good work out I thought and Iheanacho looked good with a very sweet goal, nice finish from Zuculini too. Rekik looked good in parts but also showed at times why some have cautioned about his ability in the EDS Forum - long way to go before the season starts I suppose and all shaping up fairly promisingly.

Really liked the look of that youngster (not sure how to spell his name) he looks very promising and loved the finish by zucilini

yeah whatever !! said:
Iheancho reminds me of Balotelli,I mean a side foot along the floor from outside the box...watching some of his youtube footage also adds strength to my view.

But his play off the ball and his vision is on an another level compared to Balotelli. Also, it looked like that his best position might be the no. 10 (possibly in a 4-2-3-1), although I'm judging by only this match.

FantasyIreland said:
I'm led to believe Rekik didn't play well,being described as 'all over the shop' - is that correct?

I'm not the best person to ask because I tend to feel like I never see "it" with Rekik but he seemed OK enough, I suppose. He was out muscled a few times, particularly on a cross in the 1st half that probably should have been a goal. But he didn't make a whole lot of mistakes that I saw, although it must be said that we were forced into making a surprising amount of last man tackles.

Nonetheless, it's a preseason friendly and the players are all pretty unfamiliar with each other.

Can`t say I`m that bothered about warm up matches .
I won`t go crazy if we lose to someone like Dundee . Like we did the other Sunday .
At least we beat the mighty Kansas City .
I bet the media get giddy about Man United winning today and not us .
But who gives a sh** .

teddykgb said:
FantasyIreland said:
I'm led to believe Rekik didn't play well,being described as 'all over the shop' - is that correct?

I'm not the best person to ask because I tend to feel like I never see "it" with Rekik but he seemed OK enough, I suppose. He was out muscled a few times, particularly on a cross in the 1st half that probably should have been a goal. But he didn't make a whole lot of mistakes that I saw, although it must be said that we were forced into making a surprising amount of last man tackles.

Nonetheless, it's a preseason friendly and the players are all pretty unfamiliar with each other.

Did he play at CB or left back?

bluebobom said:
teddykgb said:
FantasyIreland said:

Did he play at CB or left back?

Centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.