City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

First visit to the academy stadium and a good choice. Play it out from the back but then shoot at the netty thing. Don't know if Pep was watching but the forwards from the other night should have been.
Stoke hit the woodwork twice at 1-0 but otherwise it was pretty much all City. Hope to see something similar in the land that evolution bypassed tomorrow.
Great performance from all the players but Foden, Diaz and Nmecha really caught the eye.
Attendance announced as 3,205 I think - less than 50%. Reasonable turnout from Stokies but will probably be relatives only at the second leg.

For anyone else like me who was working and wants to catch the game, the streams on p7 (1st half) and p12 (2nd half) are still working. Great display from the lads, Diaz and Foden are an incredible creative duo in the middle, backed up by the quietly impressive Matt Smith who's composure and sureness on the ball reminded me a little of Alan Oakes. Good to see Nmecha firing again after his injuries, a couple of excellent finishes.

Another great performance from the lads.
Stand outs for me were Diaz,Foden and Bolton. Sancho seemed below his usual high standards last night.
This team plays the Pep style of football better than the first team imo.

That's not a very polite way to talk about Lee Carsley, Arthur!

For anyone who is wondering why there were so many empty seats, the following vignette may be illustrative.

My mate who runs a junior football team texted me yesterday to ask if I wanted a ticket for the game. I was working in Northampon so declined. I asked how he'd got tickets when it was sold out. He told me that City had sent his junior club some tickets, which is fair enough and forward thinking. "How many ?" I asked. "60" he replied. It then transpired that the tickets were supposed to have been distributed to the kids and parents at training on Monday night. However, they didn't arrive until Friday morning which made distribution nigh on impossible so many of them went unused.

Seems a shame to me that such a great initiative was undone by poor administration.

For anyone who is wondering why there were so many empty seats, the following vignette may be illustrative.

My mate who runs a junior football team texted me yesterday to ask if I wanted a ticket for the game. I was working in Northampon so declined. I asked how he'd got tickets when it was sold out. He told me that City had sent his junior club some tickets, which is fair enough and forward thinking. "How many ?" I asked. "60" he replied. It then transpired that the tickets were supposed to have been distributed to the kids and parents at training on Monday night. However, they didn't arrive until Friday morning which made distribution nigh on impossible so many of them went unused.

Seems a shame to me that such a great initiative was undone by poor administration.

That seems to have been replicated in all SIX of the East and West Stand sections. I can understand that they want to encourage youngsters into the fold but it fell flat as the proverbial. It looked very poor and the balance they might have been aiming for - regulars and newcomers - got screwed.

That seems to have been replicated in all SIX of the East and West Stand sections. I can understand that they want to encourage youngsters into the fold but it fell flat as the proverbial. It looked very poor and the balance they might have been aiming for - regulars and newcomers - got screwed.

Agreed. A little bit of initiative could have avoided it entirely. Hopefully, "the lessons have been learned"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.