City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

I’ve just read a match report that estimated around 500 Stoke fans in the crowd.

Stoke had done well to get this far, but n truth, Villa caused more problems in the previous round.

However, regardless of whether we win the competition or stumble in the Final, the wider picture suggests that we’ve got a nucleus of capable, confident, hungry young players, who need to be tested at a higher level.

Whether that happens at City or elsewhere, remains to be seen, but our spending in the next transfer window might give us a clue

Shame you missed it. Couldnt help but be impressed not just with the quality of play and especially some of the goals but also the effort put in throughout the team. Even with just a few minutes to go they were at it closing Stoke down, winning balls, harrassing them into mistakes. 87 minutes on the clock and Nmecha, already with a hat trick sprinted 25 yards across the pitch to stop their giant center back knocking the ball upfield.

Carsley picked a team with tons of attacking flair bur he also gets a full shift from them all so that we don't leave too many holes when we lose the ball. Bolton's tracking back was awesome.

Stoke were crap though:)

Sound like he's getting more out of them than Davies does.

smith, francis and coveney ? really impressed me last night. good to see davenport on the bench swell. we've got some amazing young players, the majority which are english which is good swell

I watched some of this game on City facebook, and was really impressed with the overall standard.

How long until they are in the 1st team? Next season?

Diaz should be in the first team squads every now and again instead of navas. No one can tell me that navas is more productive than Brahim. Deserves his chance after over a year of playing great football.

Diaz should be in the first team squads every now and again instead of navas. No one can tell me that navas is more productive than Brahim. Deserves his chance after over a year of playing great football.
I tend to agree but it feels like he is being allowed to play in a lit of key games for both the U23's and 18's so not so easy to use him in first team games as well. I think Pep rates him highly tho so it will all be so so different next season

I tend to agree but it feels like he is being allowed to play in a lit of key games for both the U23's and 18's so not so easy to use him in first team games as well. I think Pep rates him highly tho so it will all be so so different next season

We will see him next season, him and maffeo I think. Not every game, but featuring in all cups and when we are short.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.