City v United pre-match thread (team news pg 66)

Prediction

• Win

Votes: 360 59.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 150 24.6%
  • Lose

Votes: 100 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PL have been busting a gut recently to ensure this fixture is significant in the top 4 race. I've lost all hope of it being a fair 11 v 11 game, because you know as soon as the opportunity is presented, the ref will screw us.

We will have to score irrefutable goals where it will be difficult for the ref to screw us (like Sergio's yesterday - though I did think they would give it offside); anything scrappy and it won't be given. Also, we will have to keep them way out of our penalty area, so the dive for a penalty option becomes null and void. Then we will also have to ensure we play a tight, high line so it will be easy to see they are offside.

Basically, we will need a perfect performance to be in with a shout of getting anything from this game. Even then I'm not convinced as the ref will be over protective towards them and blow up for any contact on their players.

This may have sounded cynical a couple of seasons ago, but after everything that has gone on this season it is inevitable.

Excellent post and this is the level the referees have made us play at this season

I don't feel it's a must win for United, what with Liverpool slipping up ( not the first time ;) )

We've been threatening to give someone a right tonking. This will happen on Thursday. He'll park the bus, we'll get a goal, they'll have to come out, cleaner's time!

Well, actually, if you look back over pre-match threads this comment has been coming up over and over all through the season!
That said, I think lots are being very gloomy on here. I myself am still pretty depressed about last Sunday, but that's because we were the better team, in fact. What we seem to lack sometimes is not the skill but the steel. I'm pretty sure we'll have it this time. And we are, man for man, a considerably more talented side than these. 2-0 or 3-1.

It's hard to see anything other than a United win. We've been fucked over in just about every other big game this season - and Thursday won't be any different. I expect an early red card, a dodgy pen and daylight robbery to ensure United hit top 4.

Worst thing that can happen is if Utd score first just like last season they will be camped in their own box defending for their lives. First goal for us however..........

Would love to see zaba for this one I know it's a risk but on the flip side he brings that passion and leadership we badly lack.

Prediction - the young boy wonder from Brazil off the bench to break Utd hearts

Worst thing that can happen is if Utd score first just like last season they will be camped in their own box defending for their lives. First goal for us however..........

Would love to see zaba for this one I know it's a risk but on the flip side he brings that passion and leadership we badly lack.

Prediction - the young boy wonder from Brazil off the bench to break Utd hearts

Totally and utterly agree about the Zabman he should be on the pitch with VK the two of them with their leadership is one of the things we have been missing this season.

I hope he doesn't put the boy wonder from Brazil on because he won't break their hearts but they will try and break his leg!! Also he hasn't had match time, Guardiola kept VK on the bench for weeks after he was pronounced fit. The boy wonder from Brazil needs to be kept for next season now, the only thing we have to fight for is a CL place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.