City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be the first....we're going to hammer them 6-0

Seriously, we need to press like we did against Barca. We haven't done it with as much energy since and I wonder if that is why silva gundogan and to a lesser extent de Bruyne were rested today.

Have to say I hope we get Clattenberg , that is how bad the rest of them have been this season.

Huge game, obviously. Hopefully Guardiola having a full week with the squad, for the first time since the season started, will see an improved performance. Resting the likes of Stones, Gundogan, Silva and De Bruyne should help too.

Bravo
Sagna
Stones
Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
Sterling
De Bruyne
Aguero

Chelsea and Liverpool have had a huge advantage not being in Europe. The extra rest and preparation time should work wonders

I'm just looking forward to seeing a rested side that has had a full week to work on things before a game as opposed to a warm down day, one training session the following day and then playing.

Makes a huge difference. Shame they are out of the EFL Cup.

Can't afford to drop anymore points at home, must win. Go all out and try smash them.
I'd normally agree with you but we've won 6 of 7 away games.

I have a feeling we will find it easier to beat midtable and bottom of the league sides away as the impetus is on them a bit more than a flat back 11.

Chelsea have played the same side in consecutive games, so it shouldn't be too difficult to predict how they will line up against us, or play. Should be an interesting game.

6 wins and a loss away from home. 3 wins and 3 draws at home. A win here would be huge because it's a six point game (as a former boss has said). Think we'll line up:

Bravo, Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero. If we go three at the back then take out Sagna for Nolito.

2-1 City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.