City vs Southampton pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blip hasn't been that bad ......yet but a poor performance against Soton followed by not beating the rags will start a meltdown.

When Pep arrived we looked excellent the first few games, now either we've already been found out and/or too many mistakes are happening on & off the pitch.

Non City friends were saying we'd walk the league a few games ago I'm old enough to know its a marathon not a sprint but our form and intensity isn't good at the moment.

We've been found wanting against 2 good sides and one in thier cup final, with all the trumpeting and waiting for Pep I'd be expecting a little more to be honest.

Hopefully a good solid 3 points on Sunday and we can pick up from the early season form.

Peps already exceeded my first season expectations. I went into the season thinking I'd be happy with a top three finish but playing good football along the way. This wasn't going to be an over night transition, it will take months to perfect.

perhaps we'll disagree, and some will call me an apologist or blinkered or whatever, but i dont think our blip has been all that bad. The Celtic game was frustrating, the worst of the 4, but Spuds weren't much better (just more runny aroundy), Everton was a footballing anomaly and we were pretty much evens at Barca until the red.

my point is last season we were a pale shadow of a team in a lot of games, where as we've just been misfiring a bit recently, there is still plenty of good football and chances created (and squandered)

I agree with this. We play much better than last year, sometimes you run into a lot of things going against you. Dont focus too much on the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.