CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Already had a liverpool supporting mate (from heald green .... obviously) warn me that our players wont handle the ‘famous european nights at anfield’.

They arent a football club , theyre a cult. A weird brainwashing cult.

I despise manchester united but in a way i hate liverpool fans more.
Same. Honestly my WhatsApp group chat has been non stop today reminding me of the Anfield atmosphere. The ****s are quoting Terry, Lampard and a million others telling me how we’ll shit our pants and how we’ll get bent over 20-0. They’re the most annoying ****s in the world I hate them more than the rags.

Too right, Im chuffed we drew them and hoped we would about 2 weeks ago. We will do these over two legs. Famous Klanfield European nights my ass; we are a professional outfit in a two legged tie in which we play them at home in the second leg. My nappy is bone dry and I cant wait to quieten these horrible bastards down

Me too. Lot's of Liverpool fans already think they're through, revving up that parade bus from 2014. I think we'll score at least 3 again at Anfield if Silva (B) starts on the right, can't see ref's letting Liverpool foul with impunity in the CL (expect a red card for them).

Same. Honestly my WhatsApp group chat has been non stop today reminding me of the Anfield atmosphere. The ****s are quoting Terry, Lampard and a million others telling me how we’ll shit our pants and how we’ll get bent over 20-0. They’re the most annoying ****s in the world I hate them more than the rags.

I know what you're saying

Quite simply I think we need to change our tactics for this one altogether. Play a lot deeper and hit a lot more long balls. Sterling’s presence would be utterly counterproductive. It will turn the place into a bear pit and he will wilt like he always does there. Play him in the 2nd leg of course, but I wouldn’t even take him to Klanfield. The worst draw we could have got IMO, not because they’re better than us, but because the way we play is tailor made for the way they play.

The three centre backs with Laporte in there has some appeal. Get him playing those long passes out the right flank and get Ederson to fire a few ICBMs up to our forwards.

Think city should have done cheaper tickets to be honest. Hope it's packed to the rafters but not convinced at those prices with the apathy of some fans towards the champions league.

I wouldn't have minded any of the Euro giants. After all if we are the best team of the PL era we surely would beat an ailing Madrid, average Barca, an ageing Juve.

The only ones difficult to judge are Bayern.

Liverpool are one of their better teams of recent years but as has been pointed out are 21 points our inferiors

Oh yes you do! If needed, that is exactly what you are going to do. I repeat, if needed, for those who need it -which is Guardiola's call.

You follow objectives, and you set your priorities accordingly. The league title is already won, I do not give a fuck (neither does History...) when City will win it mathematically. But we're talking about a CL QF here. You fuck up there, you won't be able to fix it. The opportunity is lost permanently, you'll have to wait for next season again...

These players have worked their asses off to achieve such an advantage. Some of them may need protection, we'll see. Obviously the result of the 1st leg is expected to play a major role in this, the injury status of the squad, individual form etc. What I mean is that, in any case, this is a luxury City can afford, while Liverpool cannot. Their CL football next season is a question mark at the moment, with Chelsea 4 points behind, and 8 matches to go. So they are obliged to give everything on both competitions -another factor that could have an influence in the matches between us...

couldn't care less if we have the league wrapped up.... its a derby game and i will be pissed off as will many others if we play a weaker side. we should always be trying to beat united.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.