CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Let's hope we can play our strongest 11 and let Merlin weave his magic at Anfield. Silva was a big miss in the League game.

These are the games which this team need to make a statement in. Pep will know what we have to do and I am confident we will go through.

Some Liverpool fans go on as though it's only City and United who have spent money in the transfer market.....of course both teams have spent loads. But you'd think they had spent bugger all as you listen to their rants about money. Well I just had a look at what they have spent since the summer of last year and it's around 200 million.....yes 200 million....on just 4 players...VD(70), Oxlade(34), Salah(38) and Keita(59). I actually couldn't give a damn about what they've spent but don't they just love playing the poor victim in every situation.

Pretty much, I had the same thing. The guy I spoke with at the ticket office service said that part of the East Stand has been taken by 'UEFA bods'... got sorted with an alternative easily enough but it would be nice to have your own seats!
We are in the next section over but we’re told it might be taken in the later rounds.

I agree. I reckon Pep will rotate massively for the Anfield leg - similar to how we lined up at the Etihad for the league match and to surprise Klopp. No need to play so wide (with Sane and Sterling) and stretch their back line as Liverpool aren't the greatest defensively. It makes sense to be more compact and narrow to suffocate their front 3 who aren't natural wingers (although Salah can do anything on his day) and always look to cut inside (all their 4 goals against us were scored with no width) so I would play Fernandinho and Gundogan in front of the back 4. One would act as the pivot and always remain in front of the back 4 to prevent the counter attack and high press. The Silva's are more suited to playing Liverpool as they are diminutive and extract the 'tactical' fouls which are a lot easier to get in Champions League than the Premier League. Silvas/KDB/+Gundogan/Fernandinho can move forward, potentially with Delph/Walker given license to act as an extra man when needed.

Sterling has never had a good game against them so I do not see the point in playing him as he seems to be affected by the booing. It makes sense saving Sane for the last half hour 60th minute to take advantage of Liverpool's tired legs which really showed in the last 10 minutes of the match at Anfield. I doubt Pep won't have forgot how they nearly threw it all away - from tiredness which resulted from the high pressing.

Ederson
Walker - Kompany - Otamendi - Delph
Ferna - Gundogan
KDB - D Silva - B Silva
Jesus

Sane has to play.

Eddy
Walker. Vinny. Otter. Delph
Ferdy.
Silva. Kev.
Berny. Jesus. Sane.

go for the win, pushing them back in their half and stopping to ball behind to firmino and salah.

With Silva and Kev in we can dominate the middle and the silly goals we allowed last time shouldn't happen.

Best result - hammer them by several
great result - win even by a goal
good result - scored draw
decent result - goless draw
ok result - defeat with away goals
worst case scenario - lose by a margin

or the 6 results I have written I cannot see the last happening and that is tge only resilt that is good for the scousers, any other and we should qualify

Last edited:
Eddy
Walker. Vinny. Otter. Delph
Ferdy.
Silva. Kev.
Berny. Jesus. Sane.

go for the win, pushing them back in their half and stopping to ball behind to firmino and salah.

With Silva and Kev in we can dominate the middle and the silly goals we allowed last time shouldn't happen.

Best result - hammer them by several
great result - win even by a goal
good result - scored draw
decent result - goless draw
ok result - defeat with away goals
worst case scenario - lose by a margin

or the 6 results I have written I cannot see the last happening and that is tge only resilt that is good for the scousers, any other and we should qualify
A goalesss draw is not a decent result

Sane has to play.

I agree. And when Gundogan is added to the midfield three it usually seriously reduces KDB's influence.

I think the only surprise selection might be Laporte. Pep said he picked him for the Chelsea game mainly because he wanted a left footed centre back. Perhaps he'll take a similar view against Liverpool? A right footer/left footer partnership might be more comfortable against Salah?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.