Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His foot save for that attempt before the offside goal was excellent. The other saves he did, one was on him, the other was heading out anyway. I missed this assist that he's supposed to have, when was this?

Also, did he get any of his long distribution onto our wide players because I couldn't recall one the whole game. He did a good through pass in the middle that started an attack around the 80th minute. Could make do with less of the passes at the back though, nothing came out of any of it. If anything it made the defenders nervy. In a sea of average performance he might just be my man of the match for today.

First half long ball to Aguero who tried to lob the keeper and put it over. His distribution was excellent. Thought the save from the free kick was top notch too.

I had a feeling we would struggle and he was going to have a good game and hopefully he can build on that performance.

Good game by Bravo yesterday. Yet he seems to lower most defenders' confidence on the ball, especially when he plays one of them in (all except for Kolarov). Bravo is the number one for me when the team actually plays the Pep-way as in pressure high up the pitch. When the team is under pressure I'd be fine with Caballero only because the defence seems more at ease. This however has more to do with the defenders than Bravo as a goalkeeper. Still think Bravo is one of many foreigners that needs to adjust to life in the PL in their first deason. Problem is he hasn't got time on his hands.

Good game by Bravo yesterday. Yet he seems to lower most defenders' confidence on the ball, especially when he plays one of them in (all except for Kolarov). Bravo is the number one for me when the team actually plays the Pep-way as in pressure high up the pitch. When the team is under pressure I'd be fine with Caballero only because the defence seems more at ease. This however has more to do with the defenders than Bravo as a goalkeeper. Still think Bravo is one of many foreigners that needs to adjust to life in the PL in their first deason. Problem is he hasn't got time on his hands.
the position itself doesn't allow time. you can bed in a player anywhere but between the sticks. his age also is against him, most reckon it could be 2 or 3 windows before it clicks, by then we'd be mid table. he has to sort it right now or move on. better yesterday so lets see.

No way should he be considered for either premier league or champions league again. We've seen enough of his floundering . Our improvement of late has coincided with him being benched. That's the place for him.
hard to argue tbh.
Im an argumentative bastard so lets have a go :-)
I have seen very little floundering to be honest. In fact, i have seen very little at all from bravo. It wasnt that he was floundering, its that he was bang average and not making saves. Yesterday was much better from him and i expect to see him in the replay. Willy is in good form and will continue for the time being, but its short sighted to rule bravp out forever, especially on the back of a game where he performed above expectations.

the position itself doesn't allow time. you can bed in a player anywhere but between the sticks. his age also is against him, most reckon it could be 2 or 3 windows before it clicks, by then we'd be mid table. he has to sort it right now or move on. better yesterday so lets see.

Not gonna discuss Bravo with you mate. You are obsessed with him and that makes you blind to the way Pep sees his team play and that includes Bravo or a type of goalkeeper like him.

First half long ball to Aguero who tried to lob the keeper and put it over. His distribution was excellent. Thought the save from the free kick was top notch too.

I had a feeling we would struggle and he was going to have a good game and hopefully he can build on that performance.

The free kick save, was that on target,? saw one replay which suggests it may have been although hard to tell whether it would've hit the bar or not.

We've been perfectly fine with Caballero so no, it's not a case of needing Bravo in order to reach our full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.