Claudio Bravo signing confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not get on his case so early, it was a big game to come into. I pointed out corners(and tall physical strikers) could still be a problem for us when everyone mentioned it as a plus point over Hart(who's problem is positioning and ball watching on corners for me)... other than that mistake and almost giving away a penalty it wasn't that bad of a performance. His shot stopping abilities are not a problem he's a very decent keeper don't worry.

He plays Pep's way already because that's how Barca still play, that's why he was thrown into the derby but it's obvious he will also need to settle and he'll be much more solid and commanding when he does. Like Pep says though the odd goal in games we dominate and win because of his abilities as a sweeper keeper is not that big of a deal.

His weighted passes were generally good, not common of keepers. His throws too. Long ball distribution is around Hart's level of accuracy.

Didn't get tested on his shot stopping ability today. They had only 3 shots on target. One was the goal where he was caught off position, the other was a comfortable save from a header. Couldn't remember the third as he was barely troubled.

Bravo can not be as bad as that every week because he didn't look to me to be close to being a professional goalkeeper. Can't recall seeing such a poor performances since ,Martin Margetson v Everton (I think) last game of season about 20 years back. Hearing people saying it wasn't that bad a debut - Jesus do you really believe that? in one game that we were easily better we had a keeper that 1 fluffed an easy cross. 2 despite playing such a high line couldn't get first to a through ball that was in his box 3 should have had a red card and given a penalty away for an awful touch second half 4 in the last second somehow failed to get his hands to a routine ball and thankfully we had a player on the line to save him. meanwhile I don't recall a single save of any remote difficulty. But hey, he can stand 35 yards out of his goal and be involved in a few passes (well apart from when he needs to come off as a goalkeeper then he is left wanting stood on his bloody line. Pep clearly knows his football and I am sure knows more than any of us on this forum but it is possible he has a blind spot wrt goalkeeping. I challenge anyone to come on here and objectively say Bravo was anything other than calamitous today. If we want someone to merely play a few short passes why not just put Silva in net? Surely he needs some goalkeeping ability. It was his debut? True - but he has played 100 times for his country and numerous high profile Barca games - he isn't a kid making his way in the game

Bravo can not be as bad as that every week because he didn't look to me to be close to being a professional goalkeeper. Can't recall seeing such a poor performances since ,Martin Margetson v Everton (I think) last game of season about 20 years back. Hearing people saying it wasn't that bad a debut - Jesus do you really believe that? in one game that we were easily better we had a keeper that 1 fluffed an easy cross. 2 despite playing such a high line couldn't get first to a through ball that was in his box 3 should have had a red card and given a penalty away for an awful touch second half 4 in the last second somehow failed to get his hands to a routine ball and thankfully we had a player on the line to save him. meanwhile I don't recall a single save of any remote difficulty. But hey, he can stand 35 yards out of his goal and be involved in a few passes (well apart from when he needs to come off as a goalkeeper then he is left wanting stood on his bloody line. Pep clearly knows his football and I am sure knows more than any of us on this forum but it is possible he has a blind spot wrt goalkeeping. I challenge anyone to come on here and objectively say Bravo was anything other than calamitous today. If we want someone to merely play a few short passes why not just put Silva in net? Surely he needs some goalkeeping ability. It was his debut? True - but he has played 100 times for his country and numerous high profile Barca games - he isn't a kid making his way in the game
Read that back. Silva in goal? Pep blind spot? Bravo has no goalkeeping ability? Wow. Just wow.

Jeeeeeez. How fucking shite is this guy ?

*sigh*
Even if we keep winning, its gonna be a fucking long year with the moaning bastards on here.

Credit and criticism where it is due. We played amazing football and there were fantastic performances but TH is thread is about Bravo and he was fucking wank yesterday and almost cost us the game.

What I find interesting about Bravo is that I have seen him play for Chile and Barcelona and he is incredible. I know this is a one off game but what I saw was shocking. Hopefully it doesn't get to his head.

What I find interesting about Bravo is that I have seen him play for Chile and Barcelona and he is incredible. I know this is a one off game but what I saw was shocking. Hopefully it doesn't get to his head.

Your second post and second mention of just how terrible Bravo looked which i find a little strange, especially when the vast majority of us didn't think he looked that bad, dropped cross aside and in fact played an integral part in the way we absolutely dominated the play and game.

Everyone needs to get used to Bravo and us playing it out from the back every single time and yes there will be mistakes but its what Pep wants from his players and he will be happy, as we should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.