Clichy

It seemed to me that he was our only CB yesterday who did this Pep CB thing - completed passes forward through the opposition. It would be interesting to watch more of him at CB to see if he's capable of playing it.

Clichy has been masterclass for a while now. Painful to read the detractors on here sometimes, usually after the press have been critising the "Shit City Defence". I actualy think most of our defence is strong and Pep will make them even better.

My only issue with Clichy is the way he wears his baseball cap. What is it with French players? They look like complete dicks with bb caps back to front. Should be a crime!

To make the options for the player in possession, instantly, Clichy knows where to run and does so intuitively. Last night, you could see that others were having to think about what to do, and in the fractions of a second it takes them to process where they need to go and what they should do, it creates extra pressure on the player with th the ball. Until all the defenders react as Clichy does, we will likely be vulnerable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.