Club Badge (merged)

Most of the things suggest seem pretty sensible to me. You have to remember the Eagle came out of nowhere and was a bit of shock at the time although most fans have got used to it now and it has seen us through the most momentous years of our history.
I would suggest most people want a round badge that covers various elements of our previous badges. I’m optimistic.
I hope you are right I just hated the badge change originally to the present badge as it was so far removed from our previous badges . . . Reading recent press articles regarding the ownership of the badge it may end up just being a vote on the three instead of some silly compromise between a badge we didn't need to have and one we didn't need to lose

Last edited:
Don't like the three stars. Not keen on the eagle either but would love the UAE hawk to be used instead as a tribute to our owner who has given us so much.
Uae.png
as a background with the Latin motto for "pride in battle" on the motto board.
I don't like the red rose as this was a late 60s invention. Manchester coat of arms centerpiece superimposed on the above with a bigger circle of twice the diameter

xPU1aT.jpg

Don't like the three stars. Not keen on the eagle either but would love the UAE hawk to be used instead as a tribute to our owner who has given us so much.
Uae.png
as a background with the Latin motto for "pride in battle" on the motto board.
I don't like the red rose as this was a late 60s invention. Manchester coat of arms centerpiece superimposed on the above with a bigger circle of twice the diameter

xPU1aT.jpg

completley disagree, the uae hawk should have nothing to do with the badge. it should just be about city and represent the whole of our history not just the last few years. what happens if we get another owner from another country should we have there flag on the badge swell ? maybe if the team played in the uae ...

This is the one! Just make the ship black with the St.Marks cross in white on one of the sails and it's perfect.

The only problem with making a ship black with a white cross on it is that it may make it look like a pirate ship...or worse, a ship with a ISIS flag/sail!!

The only problem with making a ship black with a white cross on it is that it may make it look like a pirate ship...or worse, a ship with a ISIS flag/sail!!
Point taken. Plus, I've since read the replies re: the cross and don't think it's a good idea now as if used in a different colour the badge would look to have a Nazi emblem on.

Here's one that will send the anti-rose mob into overdrive, but how about a wreath of roses underneath/around the bottom half of the shield in the style of Yokohama's badge (more like GeekinGav's CFG take on it). Would make the badge more striking if it works.

Badge%20embroidered.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.