Club Badge (merged)

This will not end well, we will get something that looks nothing like our original badges, and very removed from our club ,when I say our original badges I obviously do not include the ridiculous one we have now

Informative Gary cheers for that this evening.

I'm now a bit scared what the club are going to come up with though.

I may be wrong but I got the feeling that the club are going with something completely different to anything we've had before.

I hope it doesn't have a fucking pigeon on it...........

Most seem to want rid of the stars, the motto and possibly the eagle though

Informative Gary cheers for that this evening.

I'm now a bit scared what the club are going to come up with though.

I may be wrong but I got the feeling that the club are going with something completely different to anything we've had before.

I hope it doesn't have a fucking pigeon on it...........

Most seem to want rid of the stars, the motto and possibly the eagle though

is that based on anything you've heard from these talks ? or are these your own thoughts ?. if that was the case i reckon most city fans would just buy the old shirts ( if it was really bad)

tbh this is one thing city can't afford to mess up .

Gary says he knows nothing about what the club are going to do.....it's just a feeling.....

The eagle told me as he was packing his bags

I've just been to this evening's Lecture. Thought it was good and informative, a few things I didn't know and also realise. Cheers Gary.

Interesting to note that there is actually no current evidence for why we had the cross on the kits way back when; so I'd like to stay away from that on any new badge as well as staying away from any religious connotations it may have (as a total atheist). Also that there was a crossover period where both Manchester City and Ardwick both existed as football clubs separately; so I'd actually like any new badge to have only MCFC from 1984 onwards links.

Also interesting that the 'original' badge could likely have been a City badge from even earlier than the 1930s and was still seen at Maine Road on the social club up until the late 80s (so could have around 60 years of use related to the club).

I was glad that I wasn't alone when someone else also mentioned the "there's a generation of people who've never lived in Lancashire" as I agree with that I don't think the rose should be part of the future club. What I would be disappointed with is that there's a lot of people saying that they 'grew up with' the red rose badge and that they would be a large part of our current fanbase, but there are many generations past who will never have a say on this badge who were City fans for decades before we ever had a rose in the badge but may have passed away now and won't get their day in the future badge.

Good to hear the lady say "red, just no, we don't want red" and "and those stars...eugh, they've just got to go!" as I wholly agree on both counts.

I will be visiting the consultation space this weekend to have my say I think.

Saying no red at all is just plain daft considering it's been on our kits for years.

I love the Red and Black away kit for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.