Club offer alternatives for fans who bought Aguero 16

i would rather have my shirt signed anyday. Nice to see from the club and serge

I bought the no16 shirt when it first came out, threw the reciept as didnt think I would need it again. Went to city store this weekend and they were really nice about it, unfortunatley if you want to send the shirt off for signing then you have to have the reciept, citys decision (you need the reciept for swapping to no10 too). but the very nice sales staff swapped my shirt without the reciept, would have loved to get it signed but its my own fault for throwing the reciept, just thrilled I managed to get a new one, thanks city!

Think it deserves it's own thread, especially considering we are going through recession after recession and people are berating their clubs when they bring out new strips almost at will.

City have offered any fan, who has bought Aguero 16 on the back, two options:
  1. send in the shirt and Sergio will sign it for free or,
  2. send it in and they will replace it with the no.10 for free.
Think that is an incredible offer from the club and they should be applauded for doing this.

SSN gave it out as well this morning, which I though was pretty good PR.

*Mods, if it's been done elsewhere or you believe it should be merged, my apologies.*
Other teams have so called iconic numbers,we should make more of number 10,thinking asa Hartford,niel young and Sergio,any others come to mind?

A transfer and a player changing his squad number are apples and oranges. It is common knowledge here Sergio knew he was changing his number to 10. To their credit some clerks in the City Store knew and were warning people to wait to personalise a Sergio shirt. Others, said nothing.

After many City fans were aware it was happening the OS was also still selling 16. To me this is taking advantage of consumers when those in higher positions were aware the 16 shirts were about to be obsolete.

One man's opinion.

Taking advantage?

Give over son...

Taking advantage?

Give over son...

So I'll tell you my experience.

I've no particular affiliation to this club, but my 7 year old is a Manchester City nut. He can tell me every players name, number, country, match attack stats etc etc.

I bought him the Kun Aguero 16 jersey three weeks ago. Thrilled to bits. His favourite player, even more than Joe Hart, and that's saying something.

I find out on the news today that Aguero's jersey number has been changed, and I literally am unsure of how I'm going to break the news to him that his jersey is now a dud. He wears it every day except when its in the wash. He's even worn it wet out of the wash.

What In find so cynical about this is the bullsh8t of....oh we'll do an exchange....Sergio will sign it......fantastic press, look at how well we treat our fans. A good news story.

But that only works if you bought your jersey in Manchester. What if you bought it in Dublin like us, or in New York or Paris or Buenos Aires. Talk about trying to have your cake and eat it...."honest, its a good news story, we haven't screwed people over here".

This comes on the back of the kit that 'Santa' brought him last year, the kids kit that was the official merchandise but looked nothing like the main kit. If you told me a counterfeiter made it, I wouldn't have a believed a counterfeiter would do such a bad job. But it was official merchandise.

This club has a lot of young fans around the world, and their favourite player is Sergio Aguero, and any of those fans that bought a jersey have been well and truly d!cked around here.

I know this isnt a big big thing, but its a very annoying thing. From now on he'll be getting Barcelona jerseys.

So I'll tell you my experience.

I've no particular affiliation to this club, but my 7 year old is a Manchester City nut. He can tell me every players name, number, country, match attack stats etc etc.

I bought him the Kun Aguero 16 jersey three weeks ago. Thrilled to bits. His favourite player, even more than Joe Hart, and that's saying something.

I find out on the news today that Aguero's jersey number has been changed, and I literally am unsure of how I'm going to break the news to him that his jersey is now a dud. He wears it every day except when its in the wash. He's even worn it wet out of the wash.

What In find so cynical about this is the bullsh8t of....oh we'll do an exchange....Sergio will sign it......fantastic press, look at how well we treat our fans. A good news story.

But that only works if you bought your jersey in Manchester. What if you bought it in Dublin like us, or in New York or Paris or Buenos Aires. Talk about trying to have your cake and eat it...."honest, its a good news story, we haven't screwed people over here".

This comes on the back of the kit that 'Santa' brought him last year, the kids kit that was the official merchandise but looked nothing like the main kit. If you told me a counterfeiter made it, I wouldn't have a believed a counterfeiter would do such a bad job. But it was official merchandise.

This club has a lot of young fans around the world, and their favourite player is Sergio Aguero, and any of those fans that bought a jersey have been well and truly d!cked around here.

I know this isnt a big big thing, but its a very annoying thing. From now on he'll be getting Barcelona jerseys.

Mate honestly - you can go and get fucked.

The club has not taken advantage of anything. At the time you bought your shirt, Dzeko was still here and we were negotiating with Roma over his transfer (which still hasn't been officially confirmed because they need to free up a foreign spot in their squad). At the time of purchase it still wasn't confirmed that he was going to leave so how would the club a) know that his number would be vacated b) that Sergio would then take it? Maybe it was going to be a sweetener if Pogba came? Who knows? At that point in time no one did. So you bought a jersey based on information at the time. That has now changed and the club are offering two decent options to placate fans which they really don't have to do.

A guy from India asked earlier on in this thread about what are the options for those who bought internationally. Apparently there are options available.

And of course Barca don't change shirt numbers do they?
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...e/fc-barcelona-2015-16-shirt-numbers-released

I'm hoping this is a WUM but you're a right **** if you'd buy your kid a shirt from another team just because Kun's number has changed and you've got a number of options to make things right.

The age on entitlement is really upon us.

I bought the no16 shirt when it first came out, threw the reciept as didnt think I would need it again. Went to city store this weekend and they were really nice about it, unfortunatley if you want to send the shirt off for signing then you have to have the reciept, citys decision (you need the reciept for swapping to no10 too). but the very nice sales staff swapped my shirt without the reciept, would have loved to get it signed but its my own fault for throwing the reciept, just thrilled I managed to get a new one, thanks city!
You should have kept your receipt!

When's the deadline for this? Surely a lot of people would be happy to buy a 16 shirt just to get it signed.

EDIT: just seen the post about the receipt, bet they check dates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.