Cole Palmer

Sterling has looked better on the right this season and is probably the player likely to play over Palmer. Nkunku is injured and the rest, so far at least, don't look anything special. Guardiola also has a tendency to use less subs than Chelsea and Palmer is likely to get more opportunities from the bench there.

He might not be a regular at Chelsea but I doubt he'd play less there than here (probably more) and will get a much bigger financial package.
Once Chelsea have most of their players back, Cole will struggle to get on the bench. I hope I'm wrong for his sake

In typical Bluemoon fashion, the narrative has immediately been twisted into "the manager wanted rid because he was never good enough."

Cole wanted to leave. Chelsea made an offer. We rejected it. Chelsea made a fucking great offer. We accepted it.

The rest is blinkered bullshit.
I am not sure we can really argue what pep wanted, the one thing we know as a fact is the club were happy to accept a £42.5m fee for him which suggests they value him lower than doku and such he wouldn't have featured much.

He has got a 7 year contract at Chelsea so has stability, I am not bothered about him leaving personally as I always thought he lacked the playing intelligence to progress with us.

Read his full comment. He said Cole wanted to leave

Pep explicitly told us Cole wanted to leave in a press conference mate.

This is definitely not an example of someone on Bluemoon making shit up.

It’s out there in public that Cole came back for pre-season and indicated he wanted to leave the club this summer.

I keep reading different things depending on where you look. Just as the Nunes fee is either £47 million or £53 million depending on where you look. So long as it's not coming direct out of my bank account.
By the time Sky readjust it’ll be £30 and a packet of pear drops with add ons of a box of Mars Bars.

Last edited:
HOWEVER, stranger things have been known to happen! Aké & Stones were both destined for the door, but managed to turn their fortunes around. Perhaps Philips is still holding on to this hope.
I think to be honest it's a somewhat different scenario. Aké was badly injured for most of his first season. By his second season, he was starting to look comfortable. Third season, he looked bloody good. Johnny went through a rocky period, and there was a lot of talk on places like here about him being moved on. A lot of gossip-type stuff. But I never saw anything concrete or official from either the club or from other clubs.
Kalvin is simply not being selected. Not even for minutes. And we're now well stocked in his part of the pitch. I think it's curtains, personally.

Nunes had a choice... City, or another season of relegation battles at Wolves. )(

For the price we paid, Wolves made £10m on what they paid 12 months ago, £6m if you factor Tommy Doyle into the deal.

Wolves can now get 2-3 decent players in to bolster their squad, which is better imo than relying on Nunes. It's not like he's a Messi/Ronaldo type game changer.

From what I've seen of Nunes, he isn't at the level we need for attacking midfielders, but a closer observation of his stats reveal he's probably the closest thing we have to Rodri, & CDM is where I can see him being groomed to play, which also makes most sense.

Where this leaves Philips is another matter altogether. I suppose another season getting splinters in his arse might make it obvious to him, that he doesn't feature in Pep's long-term plans.

His best option of Liverpool has seemingly gone. He's backing himself at City, but after Rodri's comments & Guardiola rarely playing him, I think it's evident the writing's on the wall, regardless of what Kalvin's wishes are.

HOWEVER, stranger things have been known to happen! Aké & Stones were both destined for the door, but managed to turn their fortunes around. Perhaps Philips is still holding on to this hope.

As long as his presence in the squad doesn't impinge on our recruitment ability, it's his right to stick to his contract & try to prove himself.

Waistcoat picking him yesterday ensured Kalvin was definitely staying for the season. Being dropped from the England squad would have given him something profound to ponder, but he made it & remains here.

How he gets past Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis & Stones in the hybrid role is another matter altogether. \0/

What did rodri say about Philips?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.