Cole Palmer

I think both Pep and the board knew he was too good to go on loan, but not too good to be offered anything more than 'fight for your place and we shall see how the things pan out'.
I like him a lot as a player and I am still miffed it ended as it did.

I think it's probably more a "my way or the highway" from Guardiola, tbh. No complaints from me, though. I can see both sides. It was a shame he went, imo, but we will be fine without him, and he will be fine at Chelsea, or wherever.

He’s having a brilliant season. I think he’s on 9 goals now. Yes some of them are penalties, but that’s a skill in itself.

A young player at city is now Chelsea’s best player and arguably one of the best young players in the league right now

Last edited:
The more I watch Cole play, the more I regret we didn’t keep, loan or build in a buy-back clause. Of course he wouldn’t have had as much game time with us as he has had at Chelsea, but he admitted he didn’t want to leave. So frustrating

He’s having a brilliant season. I think he’s on 9 goals now. Yes some of them are penalties, but that’s a skill in itself.

A young player at city is now Chelsea’s best player

Not terribly difficult to be honest. But I'm genuinely pleased for the lad. He's first on the team sheet, these days, at a club which has seen very good days, is going through a bad spell, will probably see good days again. He'll almost certainly become a stalwart of the England squad in the years to come.
Yes, I'd like to have had him hang around and be on the bench, to be brought on as an impact sub every so often. Twenty minutes here, half-an-hour there. Same with Riyad Mahrez. Would it have been fair on them, though? I doubt it. I can't think of a single regular player in our first team that I'd want to make way for Cole, even on his current form.

Yes he's a good player,yes he'll have a good career, he probably wouldn't have made it with us, he's gone forget him,move onwards and upwards with our players and team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.